I Desperately Need Some Rescue Advice

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JustJ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
UPDATE:

surya surya you were absolutely right, the mother cat did move them and I'm pretty sure their new nest is very close since I've been fortunate enough to find them at the opposite end of the outside eating area that is closer to the fence where there are a lot of bushes. I think now I can contact the TNR organization while they are still close by. I also bought cat food today and I'm going to secretly put some out for them so they are getting enough and especially since that dining area is closed on Sundays.

Here are some pictures of the Tortie babies who were the only ones to come close to where I was today.

IMG_9927.jpg
IMG_9931.jpg
IMG_9941.jpg
IMG_9942.jpg

JustJ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
UPDATE:
I haven't updated you guys in a while, mostly because I'm sort of at a stalemate. I've been speaking to one of the ladies who works at the cafeteria and we both agree that we need to do something about the cats before school ends, which means mostly me looking around for shelters.
With the few unhelpful spots in my city, do you guys think it would be worth it to email an SPCA or other shelters in a nearby city to see if they might help or direct me in the right direction?

I also haven't seen the orange kitten around in a week which is sort of worrying me. The orange kitten looked like the biggest, strongest, and the most adventurous kitten of the litter so I'm not sure what happened to it. Could I just be missing it when I come by? Could the kitten have left the nest already? I don't want to think about the worst possible option considering how it was the strongest kitten of the litter but I probably can't ignore the worst possibility either.

Also, here are some more pictures of the kittens for the long wait:

Attachments

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully someone caught the orange kitten and took it home to tame it. Yes, I would contact any organization you can for getting help for the cats. I suspect TNR may be the only option because of their age. Do your research before turning them over to a shelter. Many shelter's are not completely honest with the public about what happens to the cats for PR reasons. The big shelters where I live will not try to tame older kittens and will kill them.

JustJ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
surya surya that's what I'm afraid of the most. By now I don't think a shelter would attempt to tame them even if I think they can be tamed. I definitely don't want them to be killed so you're right I'm going to have to go with TNR. I feel so bad for not being able to do more for them. If I lived around here I would have taken them in immediately. Thanks for all your help.

M maggiedemi I'll keep posting pictures. They really are!

JustJ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update:
This isn't the best of news but I'm not sure what the right thing to do it. Recently I had been seeing less and less of the mother cat and just a few days ago I found that she is pregnant AGAIN. There are just three babies left from her previous litter and I suspect that they are about six or seven months old, and the mother does not like to be around them anymore. I was going to ask the lady who works at my cafeteria who feeds them if she knows anyone who can help out with the mom. I can't believe this happened so fast to her again, this must be tough on the mom and I've come to find the city I am in has a large stray cat problem. Hopefully someone will be able to help take in the mom and the unborn kittens for at least a little while because I don't think the managers of the cafeteria will be too happy to find the cat population increase around there.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The mother can be spayed while she is pregnant. It's not a pleasant thing to do, but with so many unwanted kittens being euthanized it's something to consider.

JustJ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She looks very far along, I'm worried if she'll be ok as in somewhat healthy if that happens too. It's just that she's harder to catch since she seems to be hiding in many different places now.

Iv'e also noticed her first litter seemingly disappearing! Now there is only one or two kittens still at the cafeteria. Is it possible that the kittens are leaving themselves or is that very unlikely?

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many kittens born outside do not survive. There are many bad things that can happen to them, like being killed by dogs. Unless they got rescued, something bad probably happened.

Teri122

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You can try contacting Alley Cat Allies to see who does TNR near you. You do need to get that Mom spayed ASAP. It sounds likely that someone else is feeding these cats since Mom is around less and the kittens are not showing up .That makes it harder to trap her, but it is the best thing to do . Can you work together with the worker who feeds her? Obviously time is running out for you since this is at school, but good luck.

JustJ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes another worker does help me feed them and this week I found the three remaining kittens are still there. I was trying to see if anyone would take in the mom to help with her yet to be born kittens but no one is wanting to. She doesn't come around as often anymore but I'm really worried with my time running out for them.