I caught a family of cats, who can take them?

emummerycats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My family has been feeding an adult female cat, and her kittens she has had, for more than three years. We recently caught her and her most recent kittens in a cage. We decided to catch them because we know it is what is best in the long run for them. We have made arrangements to get the adult female spayed. But now, because of our neighbors, we do not know if we can release her and the younger ones back into their natural area. They are upset with the cats because they go in their yards and make a mess.

Does anyone know of anywhere in the United States that can take feral cats, and/or kittens? We have one adult female at least 5 years old, and young female that is about 8 months old, and two kittens less than 3 months old.

The kittens we may be able to rehome ourselves, but if anyone knows of anywhere, please help us out.

steve0

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My family has been feeding an adult female cat, and her kittens she has had, for more than three years. We recently caught her and her most recent kittens in a cage. We decided to catch them because we know it is what is best in the long run for them. We have made arrangements to get the adult female spayed. But now, because of our neighbors, we do not know if we can release her and the younger ones back into their natural area. They are upset with the cats because they go in their yards and make a mess.

Does anyone know of anywhere in the United States that can take feral cats, and/or kittens? We have one adult female at least 5 years old, and young female that is about 8 months old, and two kittens less than 3 months old.

The kittens we may be able to rehome ourselves, but if anyone knows of anywhere, please help us out.
I adopted 3 11 years ago
Cats are work..If you want the best for them, perhaps you are the answer? If not I have used APL in my area.
Just a heads-up not all feral cats deserve to be Barn Cats as the hierarchy that eventually develops can be rather heinous,
just sayin'

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS. Thank you for what you are doing and trying to help out! All you can do is search the internet for rescues that might be able to take the adult cats as you hopefully find homes for the kittens. I don't know where you are located, but if I did, all I would do is look for rescues to contact directly about these cats. An 'underground' network sometimes exists in the Next Door Neighbor web site, which most folks have available to join for free. You have to put your feelers out in your geneeral area and be persistent in your sreach.

Perhaps you can let these neighbors of yours know that there will be less cats that cannot continue to produce more kittens and that might be enough to quell their opposition.

ljfinneran

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

What state are you in?

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise

Any updates on the cats? I was going to comment but I see they were caught 2weeks ago ,so .....