I can't stand the poo-poo-paws

kurbykat83

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just adopted a cat from the Houston SPCA, this cat was given a second chance in life he had to have chest surgery sometime hit him with a blunt object..yes I know horrible..
Well I had him about a month now he was sick with a respiratory infection and got better..
He didn't cover his poop or pee..And he steps in his poop and it gets flung on the wall and paw poo prints everywhere! Sooo disgusting. Not sure of his age about a year or younger from what the vet said..
He didn't have solid poop and he press and poops more than me and my other cat put together! He has big paws and is fluffy so maybe he can't see where his poop is? When he uses the restroom he claws at the walls of the litter pan instead of covering the pool is try to help him cover it when he's in the box but I think he didn't get it[emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji]

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Some cats just don't cover their up their waste products in the litter box.  I had a similar problem with a cat once.  He would step in his poop in the box and then scratch the bathroom wall, leaving little bits of poop stuck to the wall.  Agh!  He did eventually stop stepping in it and leaving traces on the wall, but he never did actually cover up his business with the litter.  He always scratched either the side of the box, or the bathroom wall.   My Paul and Chula cover everything up, but they also scratch the sides of the box - some cats just do this for some reason.

Has your kitty been tested for worms and/or a UTI?  He really shouldn't be producing so much in the box.  You might try feeding him about a tablespoon of pure pumpkin puree (no spices) - this sometimes helps firm poops up.  I don't know about him not being able to see where he goes because of his big paws and fluffiness - I suppose that's possible.  He certainly is a beautiful cat.  And a lucky one.  Bless you for taking him in and giving him a second chance.  Since he's so young and has been injured and traumatized in the past, he might figure this out on his own.  Good luck!

kurbykat83

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you. I'm going to buy some dewormer they dewormed him at the SPCA. I haven't seen anything moving in his poop. I'm soo disgusted lol poop paws on my bed and walls and floor. My other cat won't even sleep with me now lol.maybe he's still mad that I got him a new friend and his new friend doesn't cover his poop or pee

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you. I'm going to buy some dewormer they dewormed him at the SPCA. I haven't seen anything moving in his poop. I'm soo disgusted lol poop paws on my bed and walls and floor. My other cat won't even sleep with me now lol.maybe he's still mad that I got him a new friend and his new friend doesn't cover his poop or pee
Ooh, poopy paws on the bed.  
  No wonder you are disgusted. I wish I had a solution to that but all I can think of is to keep him from your bedroom for now.  The problem will be reduced if you can figure out a way to firm up his poops.  You might have to try different foods, if it's not due to parasites.

You might be right about the other cat being jealous  - do they get otherwise get along? 

kurbykat83

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
nice way to be woken up to cat meowing and you smell poop...then look down and you see poo prints...[emoji]128561[/emoji] Sebastian hopefully dewormer fixes that...gizmo wouldnt allow him on the bed for awhile. Gizmo is about 7 years old got him from a shelter also when he was a baby. Gizmo tried to play with him but Sebastian plays ruff and is much heavier than gizzy. Sebastian pounces on him then starts licking him like he's being nice them turns evil and bits him lol poor guy.gizmo doesn't like being around him or eating next to him yet. Two moody boys...wish gizmo would teach him how to cover the poop..Sebastian poop smelt fowl when I first got him. I thought I had a skunk in the house!