I Can't Decide With My Cat

DirewolfSixer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi. My cat, Joey, who is a year old is not neutered and is now obsessed on getting out of the house since yesterday he escaped through our window. I live in the Philippines and it's seriously dangerous for cats here, there are people who hate and kill cats even when owned by someone else. Luckily I found him around 15 meters away from our house.

I'm unsure whether to neuter him or just reinforce our windows because Joey's like a son to me and I want him to have children, living memories to leave behind when he's gone. I know neutering will improve his health and solve a part of my problem but I'm still ethically unsure. Is it really better for a cat to be neutered?

I'm tired and depressed on losing my cats since almost all the other cats on my old posts either died, lost their way home, or was taken away by others.

Thank you for your answers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

DirewolfSixer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Side question: Are Siamese cats docile and prefer to stay at home? I have another cat who's almost 5 months old and is more cuddly than my Domestic Shorthair/Puspin cat Joey. Asking this question to know if I need to neuter him soon.

lisalu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi. My cat, Joey, who is a year old is not neutered and is now obsessed on getting out of the house since yesterday he escaped through our window. I live in the Philippines and it's seriously dangerous for cats here, there are people who hate and kill cats even when owned by someone else. Luckily I found him around 15 meters away from our house.

I'm unsure whether to neuter him or just reinforce our windows because Joey's like a son to me and I want him to have children, living memories to leave behind when he's gone. I know neutering will improve his health and solve a part of my problem but I'm still ethically unsure. Is it really better for a cat to be neutered?

I'm tired and depressed on losing my cats since almost all the other cats on my old posts either died, lost their way home, or was taken away by others.

Thank you for your answers.
First of all, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you're not trying to pull our legs here.

So, you want him to have "children" and "living memories to leave behind"? You do know that he's a CAT, right, not a human, even if you do "love him like a son." You just got done saying it is seriously dangerous for cats where you live, yet you want your tomcat to go out and produce litter after litter after litter of "children" that he won't even know exist yet who will be in danger of all the people who want to kill cats? :headshake:

crystal dawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
nurturing will help your cats not have the urge to flee as much. Also, will help ensure health in other ways. They don't need to have kids, has you'll carry their memory once they pass many years from now. Also, the world is already full of unwanted cats and kittens that are suffering and dying slowly and painfully, so preventing more by nurturing your cat(s) would be the best thing you could do for them.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it really better for a cat to be neutered? it's seriously dangerous for cats here, there are people who hate and kill cats even when owned by someone else.you answered your own question. I'm tired and depressed on losing my cats since almost all the other cats on my old posts either died, lost their way home, or was taken away by others.shouldnt you get you get your cat spayed so he doesnt run off to be lost or killed like the other ones you already lost?i dont say this to be mean ok but shouldnt you be responsible and do what you should/could do to keep this cat or any other cats you have safe

DirewolfSixer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm not trying to say I'll let him outside to produce litters of kittens. I have friends who have female cats who I can ask for my cat's "needs". If you read my other posts, I'm not irresponsible on my cats, I'm just someone asking for good advice on whether I should immediately neuter Joey or ask a friend to let him do it on their female cat.

I never wanted my cat to fight others and mate in the first place.

DirewolfSixer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
First of all, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you're not trying to pull our legs here.

So, you want him to have "children" and "living memories to leave behind"? You do know that he's a CAT, right, not a human, even if you do "love him like a son." You just got done saying it is seriously dangerous for cats where you live, yet you want your tomcat to go out and produce litter after litter after litter of "children" that he won't even know exist yet who will be in danger of all the people who want to kill cats? :headshake:
I'm pretty sure I stated clearly on my post that I never or even want to let my cat outside.

I'm sorry if you're offended but I'm just asking if I should neuter him already. Neutering has always been my decision but not immediately, I only posted this just to seek others' opinions, not to be judged.

A cat is a cat, but still part of the family. I don't look at my cat as just an animal. He's more than that.

Last edited:

DirewolfSixer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There's many ways your cat can mate, running around in the streets and finding a female cat is just one of them. Joey is a HOUSECAT, not a stray.

If I had the money, I would've taken every stray cat I've seen so no I'm not irresponsible.

DirewolfSixer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
nurturing will help your cats not have the urge to flee as much. Also, will help ensure health in other ways. They don't need to have kids, has you'll carry their memory once they pass many years from now. Also, the world is already full of unwanted cats and kittens that are suffering and dying slowly and painfully, so preventing more by nurturing your cat(s) would be the best thing you could do for them.
Okay thank you, I'll take him to the vet first thing tomorrow.

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A male cat can smell a female cat in heat from miles away.

The mating drive is an instinct that is hard-wired into them. They don't give a crap about having offspring. It's not something they want to do. They HAVE TO do it because their biology tells them to.

Cats don't pine for their children. In fact, many cats chase their children away when they grow up.

A cat's life in the wild is nasty, brutish and short.

You need to decide what YOU want out of having a cat.
Do you want to have a house cat as a companion? Do you want to breed cats for sale or for keeps? Do you just want to have a cat hang around and come and go as it pleases?

You said that you want to have a cat as a companion to love and care for. If that's true stop hemming and hawing around and get the damned cat neutered.

Like I said, a male cat can smell a female from far away. Some scientists think that a cat's sense of smell is more sensitive than a dogs. Many scientists aren't sure but they do know that a cat has more types of scent receptors in its nose and there are more neurons in a cat's brain dedicated to the sense of smell compared to a dog.

Point being, a male cat can smell a female that is outside your house as though the walls weren't even there. If your cat smells a female, his instincts will take over and he will try to find the female and mate with her, just by instinct alone. His only thoughts are likely to be, "I've got to find her!" He probably doesn't even think about anything else.

Every time he smells a female, it is like somebody threw a switch inside his brain that turns him into a sex maniac.

Until you get your cat neutered, he will cry, scream, pi$$ all over the house, scratch furniture and he will try like Hell to get out of the house any time he even thinks a female is near.

Once you get your cat neutered, it will take anywhere from one to three months for his behavior to calm down but, chances are, most of his bad behavior will stop, cold.

If what you want is a lovable house cat, get him neutered, ASAP... Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.