I cant be the only person who spoons with their dog!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, I am glad I am not the only one. I have always slept with my pets. Back at my Moms house growing up we had 3 dogs (smallest being 75 pounds) and 3 cats. All hated each other and had to watch what each one was doing 24/7 just in case one was missing out on something lol. So if one slept on your bed, the other 5 did too… I had a single bed but that did not stop them. Eventually I upgraded to a queen lol.

I still cuddle with my boyfriend every night. In fact, I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t think there is 1 second of the night where we are not touching in some form. If I roll over, he rolls over and vice versa. When I am cuddling Bruno my boyfriendâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s arms are around both of us, along with that, Bugsy is usually draped across all three of us stretched out snoring lol. We have mastered the art of a 4 way cuddle Lol.

Bruno is a good boy, he waits for us to invite him. He rarely hogs the bed, and he doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t snore LOL. Bugsy, who is 40 pounds lighter, is much worse to sleep with! He snores, drools, hogs the bed, meows when he wakes up because of course if heâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s up everyone should be. LOL

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

And for the record, I have a Bichon, hes not a shedding canine, but even if he was, his hair wouldnt keep me from having him around me, on my furniture and on my bed, I would just vacuum it.
Your Bichon does shed...that's why he matts...just so you know...
from a groomer's perspective...I hate hearing "my dog doesn't shed, because he's such and such a breed"...all dogs shed...unless they are truly hairless...

And I stick where I stand...I'll spoon only with my hubby...and cuddle my pups...

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by faith's_mom

Your Bichon does shed...that's why he matts...just so you know...
from a groomer's perspective...I hate hearing "my dog doesn't shed, because he's such and such a breed"...all dogs shed...unless they are truly hairless...

And I stick where I stand...I'll spoon only with my hubby...and cuddle my pups...
I fail to see how matting hair has anything to do with hair that has shed. Matted hair pulls the skin, therefore it has not shed.

And I am sorry but, there are Bichon breeders out there that breeding Bichons are their life, they study them, they better the breed. 1,000's say they dont shed, so thats the professional that I will listen to. On top of my word, who lives with a Bichon, that I would know if he shed or not.

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

I fail to see how matting hair has anything to do with hair that has shed. Matted hair pulls the skin, therefore it has not shed.

And I am sorry but, there are Bichon breeders out there that breeding Bichons are their life, they study them, they better the breed. 1,000's say they dont shed, so thats the professional that I will listen to. On top of my word, who lives with a Bichon, that I would know if he shed or not.
The hair that matts is the hair that would normally fall out...it's the dead coat that you probably brush out on a daily basis if you brush him; I own a poodle, who is another 'shedless' breed, and I brush out plenty of dead coat, that normally tangles, and left for more than a day or two DOES matt and tangle up...so yes, these breeds do shed, and there are thousands out there that will say the same thing I will say...breeders included.

I am not saying this to be a jerk either...so please don't take it that way, but as a dog groomer, I know that every dog I groom loses coat on the brush, not just from the clipper or scissor!

If you want to look at your dog's coat 'scientifically' the reason why it doesn't 'shed' out noticeably like any other dog is because dogs like bichons and poodles (among others) have really long hair, which results in a longer shaft life to the hair...resulting in less noticable 'shedding'; more like a few brushfuls at a time. Unlike other dogs who can shed out an entire 'dog' at a time!!!

twokatz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We used to have 2 dogs and 2 cats in bed but then my husband got hooked up to all this breathing stuff cause his sleep apnea is so bad he has to have oxgen and a c-pap. All that noise drove me and the cats in the other room
So now he has the dogs and I have the cats. I envy him cause the dogs stay right there and cuddle and the cats take off and play
Some times they will come back but then they just tap on me until I wake up and cuddle. My bed is too high for the dogs to jump on daddy gets all the puppy cuddles