I can see kittens moving...how much longer?

kayleebugg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a cat that is pregnant.
This is her secon
d litter.Started gaining weight about 4-5 weeks ago.I have a kitting box ready.

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well once you feel / see  the kittens moving  she is very probably in the last 2 weeks.   

It's hard to say from when she started looking bigger because just like women, some cats show earlier than others.   

Make sure she stays inside because you don't want her going off to have them somewhere that might not be very safe,  and where you can't help her if needed.  

Good job you have the box ready so she can get used to it.  

I would recommend you read some things about kitten birth so you will know what to expect, if you haven't been through this before   -- or even if you have,  it can't hurt to refresh your memory,  and to make sure you know what is normal and what is not,  how to help if she needs you to,  and when a vet would be needed.  

Here are some useful links:  http://www.cat-world.com.au/parturition-birth-in-cats

http://www.fabcats.org/breeders/infosheets/breeding_from_your_cat/felineparturition.html

Plus of course feel free to ask on here or read other threads.  

izzyrobinson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Im not meaning to be harsh but why wasnt your cat spayed after her first litter? Anyway maewkaew pretty much summed it all up for you. Good luck mittens

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kayleebugg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thanks.today mitttens is being really affectionate

kayleebugg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Im not meaning to be harsh but why wasnt your cat spayed after her first litter? Anyway maewkaew pretty much summed it all up for you. Good luck mittens
mittens got outside.but this time she will be spayed.

izzyrobinson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ah that explains, mistakes happen :) good luck, the day before my cat gave birth she kept cuddling into me. Can you see the kittens moving?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
mittens got outside.but this time she will be spayed.
When they come into heat, they tend to sneak outside, they do.

They dont even need to be in heat.  Cats are induced ovulators, so the ovulas, egg cells, come loose first after a succesful mating.

And a dominant, territorial tom doesnt always wait till they are in heat, he does his anyway. If she isnt submissive, she may get beaten up too.

The only remedy is to spay if you arent a breeder.   :)

Good luck!

kayleebugg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ah that explains, mistakes happen
good luck, the day before my cat gave birth she kept cuddling into me. Can you see the kittens moving?
I can feel them and see them.They have not been kicking for the last 2 days though.

kayleebugg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks everyone for your help.I will post pictures when Mittens has them.

sexymccay

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a question as well. I felt my mama cats baby slightly kicking yesterday. Today one was doing flips or something it was strong and alot. Then mama has a slight wet bowel movement. She is now laying up in my closet. Im just curious as to how much longer until she goes into labor. I have 6 kids here in the house and Im trying to keep an eye on her. she kept laying next to me in the closet. I have a birth box set up in there and also a blanket on the floor just in case. Thanks

kayleebugg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
well sure enough she is ready to have them but you need to keep an eye on her and make sure that nobody messes with her

kayleebugg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
these are the first 2 kittens she had. she has 5 but im waiting for her to get out of the box so i can take a good picture.

mccat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ah look at mummy cuddling them already..  Thats what we amazed with Jinx that her instinct just kicked in and she just know what to do...  Really is amazing, and the kittens are gorgeous obviously :)