I Bought My Cat A Stroller

mysugarcat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, somehow I managed to become even more of a cat lady by buying a stroller for my 11-month-old indoor-only kitten! He is a hyper boy who isn't afraid of car rides. I can even take him to work, and he doesn't get scared! This is why I think he'll enjoy having morning walks in his pet stroller :D !

Do any of you have strollers for your cats? If so, how was your cats reaction to the stroller?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Bumping up this thread for you.

Anyone with stroller for cats experiences to share? Come on in!

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We bought one years ago but have only used it twice. We thought Keith would really love it but there were 2 problems. First, Keith is very big and just a tad too tall to sit up in it and when he laid down his face was literally pressed against the mesh. Totally our fault for not getting one big enough. The second issue was probably caused by the first. He kept trying to claw his way out. I don't blame him - I'm claustrophobic myself. So we never took him out in it again. Our other cats are much smaller than he is but I don't think they would enjoy it. They don't have his adventurous spirit. I think they would find it stressful. I wanted to get a larger one for Keith about a year later, but by then my partner had started to worry that he might like the outdoors too much and become a door darter.
Still, I like the thoughts of going on a walk with one of my babies! Please let us know how it went and post a pic of your boy in his cool new ride!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I've seen someone using a cat stroller! Their cat seemed to like it, but I'm not sure if it's right for all cats.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've no experience using a cat stroller, but it sounds interesting. Let us know how it goes. And post pics if you can.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I was thinking about getting one for Gypsy. She is an ex- neighborhood stray who allowed us to become her loyal minions :lol: We take her out in her Kitty Holster walking jacket but she does more flopping than walking:lol2: Scott suggested a little red wagon for her:p I'll keep my out his thread & post if we get one:catrub:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
I was thinking about getting one for Gypsy. She is an ex- neighborhood stray who allowed us to become her loyal minions :lol: We take her out in her Kitty Holster walking jacket but she does more flopping than walking:lol2: Scott suggested a little red wagon for her:p I'll keep my out his thread & post if we get one:catrub:
Eye on this thread...phone has no edit

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Our cats do the flop thing on halters too, but one of my mom's former cats LOVED going for walks around the neighborhood on her halter and a leash.

Back to the original question - I don't have a cat stroller but saw an adorable little dog in a stroller last night and wondered what our cats would think of it. I decided they wouldn't like it. :lol:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, somehow I managed to become even more of a cat lady by buying a stroller for my 11-month-old indoor-only kitten! He is a hyper boy who isn't afraid of car rides. I can even take him to work, and he doesn't get scared! This is why I think he'll enjoy having morning walks in his pet stroller :D !

Do any of you have strollers for your cats? If so, how was your cats reaction to the stroller?

Please post some photos for us!:camera: :catrub:

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise
I've been considering one for my cat. She won't take to a harness, so it seems likr a way I could take he along on walks and for the occasional lunch on my back pateo.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I too have been considering a good built stroller so I can take Honeybee with me in walks down the trails by my house. I need one like a baby jogger. I think she would love looking around. She LOVES car rides! She enjoys it when I go 25mph and gets to look all around.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had to laugh when I saw this thread.

Our cats wont tolerate being in the same stroller.

We would need 2.

It might almost be worth it just to see the neighbour's faces.......lol

ihaveafatcatnamedlulu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

I did get my cat Lulu a stroller. It still has to come but my dad is worried that I wasted my money. Did I? Do your cats like the cat stroller? I got a cheaper one off of Amazon. Which might've been a mistake.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did get my cat Lulu a stroller. It still has to come but my dad is worried that I wasted my money. Did I? Do your cats like the cat stroller? I got a cheaper one off of Amazon. Which might've been a mistake.
In a lot of settings, I would prefer a stroller for safety even though I LOVE a harness/leash trained cat. I worry so much about off leash dogs rushing up on my leashed cat and grabbing/killing them with one swift shake =( For certain areas, I think a stroller make great sense and can offer an outdoor experience for your cat(s) without putting them in danger, and without attracting the attention of dogs that like to chase cats.
I hope you and your cat have fun with it =) If nothing else it's good for candid photos!

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
In a lot of settings, I would prefer a stroller for safety even though I LOVE a harness/leash trained cat. I worry so much about off leash dogs rushing up on my leashed cat and grabbing/killing them with one swift shake =( For certain areas, I think a stroller make great sense and can offer an outdoor experience for your cat(s) without putting them in danger, and without attracting the attention of dogs that like to chase cats.
I hope you and your cat have fun with it =) If nothing else it's good for candid photos!
Our neighborhood is very safe but I keep a very vigilant eye peeled for any potential dangers and always carry a hiking stick which I would use in a heartbeat to protect her. Our safety gear:
New rig.jpg