I and Love and You Whascally Wabbit Pate formula change

LadyLondonderry

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's been a few years since I fed Sylvie this food (she lost her taste for it, as with so many other foods!). I took a look at it again on Chewy and saw that its ingredients have changed--for the better! The product page still touts "whole food ingredients" like apples, cranberries, spinach, and chickpeas, but the ingredient list shows that all the fruits and vegetables have been dropped. There's also a 2-star review from someone who says their cat liked the version with the vegetables better, with a tip for recognizing the newer cans: "They quietly changed the recipe and took out the veggies they used to include. The new labels have a colored heart, the old ones didn't."

The new ingredient list:
Rabbit, Beef Broth, Beef Liver, Tricalcium Phosphate, Canola Oil, Ground Flaxseed, Natural Flavor, Salmon Oil (Preserved With Mixed Tocopherols), Guar Gum, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Taurine, Choline Chloride, Cassia Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dl-Methionine, Magnesium Sulfate, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Niacin Supplement, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Biotin, Potassium Iodide, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid.

I'm planning to order some and hope that Sylvie likes the new recipe. Rawz rabbit is still No. 1 in this household, but since the price just shot up to $105 per case, I'm looking to add some other acceptable foods to the rotation.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LadyLondonderry

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
:sigh: I guess it was too good to last. Sylvie is having a bout of diarrhea. Since she’s been eating nothing but Rawz rabbit and the IALAY rabbit/beef, I suspect the gums in the IALAY are the culprit. Back to just Rawz, for now.

LadyLondonderry

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I’m back to trawling the pâté selection at Chewy in search of acceptable foods. I’m thinking of rolling the dice on the Purina Pro Plan Focus variety pack (Duck and Arctic Char).

LadyLondonderry

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I’m back to trawling the pâté selection at Chewy in search of acceptable foods. I’m thinking of rolling the dice on the Purina Pro Plan Focus variety pack (Duck and Arctic Char).
The Purina Pro Plan Focus variety pack arrived today. So far, the Duck is a hit!