I am wondering: what if you have cat care assistant ;))

Black cat`s Mum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is for my research: what if you had a cat care assistant, what would he do for your cat instead of you?
1) Keeping an eye on my pet`s health and giving medicine
2) Remind and give advice on healthy cat behaviour
3) Play and walk with my cat
4) Clean up after my pet
5) Shop for supplies my cat needs
6) I don`t need any assistance for my cat

Thank you for your thoughts and opinions)))))

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It’s not “I don’t need an assistant ” it’s “I don’t WANT an assistant”. Everything we do for our cats builds our bond with them. My cat is mine, not some assistant’s. I didn’t hire anyone to raise my kids for me, either.

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If I still had my angel Ebony, I would want a cat care assistant to keep a eye on her while I was at work and give her her medicine if she needed it (being on my own, there was nobody else who could give her the medication she needed, it was always a fear of mine - what if I came back in from work and found her dead on the floor)

could of happened, cause she had asthma among other things :(

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s not “I don’t need an assistant ” it’s “I don’t WANT an assistant”. Everything we do for our cats builds our bond with them. My cat is mine, not some assistant’s. I didn’t hire anyone to raise my kids for me, either.
I agree!
I would love to have someone PAY for my cats’ needs. Those prescription foods and compounded medications and vet checkups cost a not-so-small fortune. But doing the actual caring is my job.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If I had an assistant who could do all those things, I wouldn't worry so much about being away from them haha.

Give medication, play and care for and shop for my pet, I think would be nice. But PetSmart delivers my shopping now 🤣

We spend a lot of time with our cats, but an assistant could keep them busy and happy whole we work. It can be a big problem with Magnus interrupting our work.

Natalusky29

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is for my research: what if you had a cat care assistant, what would he do for your cat instead of you?
1) Keeping an eye on my pet`s health and giving medicine
2) Remind and give advice on healthy cat behaviour
3) Play and walk with my cat
4) Clean up after my pet
5) Shop for supplies my cat needs
6) I don`t need any assistance for my cat

Thank you for your thoughts and opinions)))))
It really depends on your situation, some cats have a high energy level such as siamese cats…On the other there are cats that need medication two or three times a day, and yk cat owners need to work as well so it’s unlikely that your work allows you to be at home those 3 times a day.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man.. If only, I could have a cat care assistant!! Would come in handy, since I am having some issues right now..

Definitely dumping and cleaning out litter box..
Helping me take him back and forth to Vet.
Picking up litter at the store, and taking into my apartment.

If I was not able to do the below, an assistant would come in handy
Sweeping the litter from the floor
Getting meds for him at Vet
Depending on my situation, scooping the litter box

And just taking care of him, if I/when I am not able to do so...... as in having some type of surgery. I would PAY for this...