I Am Such a Klutz

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I spilled coffee on my laptop and the top two rows of keys are dead It was only about 18 months old. I am going out in a bit to get another one. I also have to take both kitties for checkups next week. I will probably end up carrying a balance on a credit card for awhile. I really hate that.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh no!
  I hope you can find one for a good price.  My best friend's DD dumped a whole cup of coffee on hers a few years ago when she was 5 or so.  I'm guessing coffee spilling is one of the most common causes of laptop death. 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh no! I hope you can find one for a reasonable price. :cross:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes I did.  I went right to the section marked the performance you want at the price you like section, i.e cheap.  I got another Lenova.  It's a full size laptop but really I like that, bigger screen and full size keyboard with the number pad on the side.  It's maybe a tad slower than the one I had but that's okay.  The total with tax was only $375.00.  I was able to get the printer installed with no issues at all.  I can't believe how much cheaper you can get a laptop than a smartphone now.  I am past the end of my two year contract with AT&T and I was looking at the phones on the website and they are ridiculous.  They don't give the real good deals with renewal like they used to, now they allow payments on the phone with the contract.  My bill is high enough, I don't need to tack 25 or 30 dollars onto it.  I hope mine last for quite awhile longer.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes I did.  I went right to the section marked the performance you want at the price you like section, i.e cheap.  I got another Lenova.  It's a full size laptop but really I like that, bigger screen and full size keyboard with the number pad on the side.  It's maybe a tad slower than the one I had but that's okay.  The total with tax was only $375.00.  I was able to get the printer installed with no issues at all.  I can't believe how much cheaper you can get a laptop than a smartphone now.  I am past the end of my two year contract with AT&T and I was looking at the phones on the website and they are ridiculous.  They don't give the real good deals with renewal like they used to, now they allow payments on the phone with the contract.  My bill is high enough, I don't need to tack 25 or 30 dollars onto it.  I hope mine last for quite awhile longer.
I have Verizon for my cell phone and was able to get the outgoing model for one penny when the new one came out - I think it's Samsung 6 that I have. They want you to believe that you can't get them cheap on a contract anymore, but the guy at Target told me that's not true.  I don't know what AT&T is doing, but I'm back on a 2 year contract, new phone for one penny, and my monthly bill hasn't changed.  Check around to make sure you're getting the straight dope about whether you can or can't get a cheap one on contract. Probably not the latest model, but what the heck - I went from a Samsung 4 to a Samsung 6, so I was happy.

And that's a pretty good price for a Lenova. I got my DH one for Christmas because he was trying to "borrow" mine and paid around that price.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm so sorry you had to buy another laptop! 
  years ago, i spilled a beverage on my desk at work. it missed the computer, but i learned to never ever set any beverage on a desk/table etc with a computer or even papers on it. i set my coaster on the floor near the legs of my computer desk here at home, and set my beverage on that coaster. i've had spills before, but only on the floor and relatively easily cleaned up.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I could never put drinks on the floor-I knock them over all the time.

I gave up on a laptop. I bought 3 in 3 years and they blew up and I just use a desktop now and my smart phone. I went with straight talk and Samsung 3. yeah it's older but still works well. I want to get a new phone but I can't justify spending hundreds of dollars just to watch text across the screen. maybe by Christmas time the S6 will be more reasonable. the 3 was only $270 and with $43 a month unlimited talk/text and 5 gig-you can't beat it. they have for $55 10 gig data option as well. if I had a newer phone maybe I would do that but for now I will stick with the old phone.

I hate knocking things over so I only use bottles with a cap and I am always knocking it over. I don't drink coffee.

glad you found something you like and it wasn't too expensive.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have the S4.  I got it a little over 2 years ago when the cell phone that I had at the time died.  The S5 had just come out and I got it for a little over $100.  It still works well, i don't care about bells and whistles.  All I care about is making calls, texting, surfing the internet occasionally, the calculator and the camera.  My contract was up a couple of months ago and I looked at the deals on the internet.  There were none other than making payments.  Even the S6 which has just been replaced by the S7 is almost $600