I am stumped

Laffen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a black female cat that is approximately 6 months old and all has been fine with her so far until tonight. As you all know Vet appts are supposed to be really for serious problems really during this time. Well I noticed a weird thing with her as she was walking by me and it looked like a whisker from my white cat that was stuck in her hair on her tail, not her anus but her actual tail about 3 inches from her anus up her tail sticking straight out. It don't look like a tape worm it looks more like a heavy piece of thread or a thick hard whisker. I got a Kleenex and tried to grab a hold of it and pull it off and it felt as if it was very attached and would not budge. That scared me and gave me the creeps because Io started thinking ..is it a worm that has attached itself? But how? I am so confused at this point and just a little bit ago i tried to pull it off again and it won't budge.......Anyone ever had anything like this happen before? Thank You for any help

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Laffen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also to add...around this thing sticking straight out is bare and you can see the skin in a circle around it, like no hair growing right beside it. Never seen this on any of the cats I have had in all the 30 years I have had cats.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Also to add...around this thing sticking straight out is bare and you can see the skin in a circle around it, like no hair growing right beside it. Never seen this on any of the cats I have had in all the 30 years I have had cats.
:hellosmiley: and welcome to TCS!

Can you please attach a photo of it so that members can have a better idea on what you are talking about?

how-to-add-a-picture-to-your-forum-post

Please :hangin: on in there as we have members all over the world and they log in at different times so you may not get an answer immediately. If not, you may want to send a photo of what you are describing to the vet.

Laffen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Rosie tail.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Laffen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
:hellosmiley: and welcome to TCS!

Can you please attach a photo of it so that members can have a better idea on what you are talking about?

how-to-add-a-picture-to-your-forum-post

Please :hangin: on in there as we have members all over the world and they log in at different times so you may not get an answer immediately. If not, you may want to send a photo of what you are describing to the vet.

I posted a picture it is the weirdest thing i have ever seen......

As you cab see farther down from it is about 3 inches looks closer in the pic but the thing you see lower is actually her anus...this thing is in her tail....

Last edited by a moderator:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
It's definitely not tape worm and definitely not another cat's whisker. I'm guessing it looks like a splinter from a cane furniture or from a sisal rope from the cat tree. She could have sat on it.

I would not pull it out if it seems lodged. But you can try wiggling it side by side gently and see if it can come off slowly. Have some pet antiseptic cream standing by and apply some on the site if the piece of whatever should come off while trying to dislodge it.

Best if you can you send the photo to your vet for a better assessment.

Laffen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank You so much am afraid to go to bed as she sleeps with me. If it is a worm of sorts I was going to cage her...I will try this.....