I Am New On The Site!

Binx's Mom

Binx
Kitten
Purraise
Let me start by introducing myself. My name is Elizabeth. My husband and I currently live in Fall River but we plan on one day moving to GA. Anyways back to the reason i joined this site :) . We will be adopting an all black kitten around April 21st (Easter). Right now he is only 4 weeks so when he is ready to leave his mother, we will be picking him up!. I am super excited as it has been about 18 years since i had a kitten. I recently lost my beloved Siamese named Simon Leo, he was 18 (I had him since I was 6). I take great care of my pets that I have had over the years. I only feed my pets 5 star rated food and I research all the different brands til I find one that I feel great about feeding.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
:hellosmiley: :hithere: Welcome to TCS! I'm sorry about Simon Leo--it's so tough to lose such beloved family members. :rbheart:

Binx is adorable. :hearthrob: You must be so excited to get him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Binx's Mom

Binx
Kitten
Purraise
Thank You He was so lovable but i know he is in heaven now with his mama & Oh yes i am super excited to get him when the time comes ! I wish it was this weekend but at the same time this gives me more time to get my apartment ready for him with all the supplies and whatnot :)

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
IMG_3656.GIF
Elizabeth and Binx, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
9db87bce5df46a9aca9ab17477431676.jpg

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Binx is adorable! :hearthrob: :redheartpump:

We are so sorry to hear about Simon Leo :alright:

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2:
Congrats on the pending adoption of that precious black kitten. :bouquet:

Since it's been a long time since you've had a kitten, you may not be aware that the recommendation now is to keep kittens with their mom and siblings till at least 12 weeks of age, so that they have plenty of time to learn cat etiquette. Of course, that isn't always possible, but if your kitten's current family can keep him a few weeks longer, it might be something to consider.
How Old Do Kittens Have To Be To Leave Their Mother? | TheCatSite

If you do adopt him younger, be prepared to teach him "manners" such as gentle playing, no biting, etc. Here's an article from the Humane Society with more info: Teach your kitten how to play nice

Also a couple TCS articles:
9 Tips That Will Help Your Kitten Adapt To A New Apartment | TheCatSite
Kitten Proofing Your Home: 13 Practical Tips | TheCatSite

Condolences, also, on the loss of Simon Leo. :alright: Eighteen years is a long time, but that doesn't make it any easier to lose them. RIP dear boy. :angel3: BTW, TCS has a Crossing the Bridge forum if you feel you'd like to post a memorial tribute to Simon Leo.

Wrigley

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Elizabeth and Binx :wave3:. l'm a newbie here too, there is so much information on this site!
Are you sure Binx is a male? lt may be the colouring of the camera but it looks like there's a little Torbie going on.

Binx's Mom

Binx
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks everyone!. I do not think they can keep him much longer than April 21st because they have 4 other kittens & I think he is a boy but of course i am just going with what i was told! lol

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello Elizabeth and Binx :welcomesign:.
Looking forward to seeing more posts and photos of your kitty.

Binx's Mom

Binx
Kitten
Purraise
Thank You! I miss him but i know he is having all the kitty treats he wants in Heaven & He is with his mom.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome! I know that Simon Leo is thrilled that you are honoring your love for him by bringing that adorable little Binx into your home!

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! Your kitten is very cute! :redheartpump: Sorry for you loss of Simon Leo. I understand what it is like to lose a great cat friend.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
A very warm welcome to TCS! :welcomesign: I'm glad you joined the site and Binx will soon be joining your husband and you in your home. :blackcat2:

Also I forget to say his full name is Thackery Binx (Just like the immortal cat from hocus pocus).
I watched that movie so many times with my children. They adored Binx and I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. Good choice of name! :thumbsup: