I am losing my baby, Mittens, and feel so lost and hopeless.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems you are doing it all right, the meds and treatments you are giving Mittens are what I would do in your place, it's what I did when my sweet Lola had CKD, you are doing even more, so you have no faults, and will have no regrets. Mittens couldn't have a better mom and won't blame you for anything.
It's not your fault, not your vet's, not Mittens's.
The evil fate is to blame.
If you and your vet think that nothing more can be done for Mittens, the only thing you can do now is to give him all the love you have, and let him understand that he's the best cat on earth, that you would like to keep him here forever but someone needs him somewhere else, his mission has to continue in a different place, but that you'll never forget him and one day you will be together again and forever.
My hugs to you and Mittens :hugs:
Thanks once again for your kind words. Yes , I know that both my vet and I tried our best , but it just was not enough to help him. Mittens also tried. He took all his medications so well without even a whimper. They all love him at the vet's. They hardly ever see such a sweet and mellow cat.
I am only doing my best to keep him comfortable now. There is nothing else I can possibly do. His body is just not responding to the medications.
He seems comfortable enough and is mainly sleeping. Drinking little water here and there. He is just trying to comfort me , as he keeps patting my face with his paw. My other kitty , Shadow , is staying close by as well.
They are very close. Shadow has always been protective towards Mittens and still is. He wants to be sure no one is hurting his brother.
My heart is breaking as I know the end is near. I guess I am feeling sorry for myself and for Shadow as well. I don't know how either of us will cope after Mittens is gone. That quiet shy sweet cat is my world and my world is about to crumble.
Thanks again for all your kind words and the hugs as well!