I am getting a flat nosed persian kitten I have some questions

werra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi I am new here. I will get a flat nosed persian kitten. I have some questions please..

1.) How should I give them water? I am asking this because of their flat nosed
2.) What kind of plate or bowl should I use for their food and water
3.) Can I give them both dry and wet food?
4.) What else should I buy or do for the proper maintenance of this type of persian cat

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wavey:

I ended up becoming a 'foster failure' to a flat faced Himalayan cat. She has apparently suffered from untreated congestion for 8 years. :(

Be aware that 'flat faced' cats often suffer from congestion/breathing issues. My Sophie had to have nasal surgery to open the nasal passages more so she could breathe adequately. She used to have trouble running up/down the stairs, she had to stop to pant heavily in an effort to catch her breath.

In regards to food/water. Water she be provided 24/7. My Sophie drinks from a larger water bowl w/o issue. All my cats eat dry food, but also get 2 meals a day of wet food.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm currently cat sitting the neighbor's flat-faced Himmie. He's such a sweetheart! He takes dry food (prescription stuff) from a regular bowl and same for water. He does have a tendency towards a runny nose and eye infections, so that's something to watch out for.

Welcome to TCS and do share a picture once your new baby arrives!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The breeder of your kitten will have all those answers (and more!
)

Last edited: