No coughing of any sort. I am sure the breathing issues are related to what was seen in the x-rays. The key is whether or not that is somehow affiliated to the H-T or the apparent kidney issues, and somewhat reversible or at least controllable with related treatments. Still waiting on the other forum responses.I'm thinking the breathing issues may be caused by the enlarged heart and aorta plus slight fluid in her chest. Does she have any symptoms of asthma? Usually they sound kind of like they are coughing, don't they? does she do that? ...It's great that she is still eating/drinking well! I take that as a very good sign....It will be interesting what the other forums have to say.
Don't know if it the same, but fluid drains don't always result in overall relief. The fluid draws cause chemical/electrolyte imbalances which result in other issues... balancing issues... I thank you for your input, but don't think this the issue with Feeby.Pallina was drained 5 times due to this, but weirdly enough she was feeling much worse right after the draining, when she had trouble with breathing, than before, when she had no problem at all.
How frustrating!'My' vet won't give the go ahead for an emergency appt. with the specialty group because if they don't deem it an emergency, then it could 'discredit' her with them for future referrals. At least she was honest (). So, back to Square One.
Can't answer any of the above questions -same as I have asked.
Generally speaking the normal range is between .9 - 2.4.I know you posted her T4 is 2.8, but I don't know what the "normal" range is.
I'm so sorry and honestly, if you don't mind me saying so, I find your vet's reply a bit worrisome. I doubt that the specialty group would discredit her if they don't deem Feeby's health issues an emergency. Obviously I can only speak from my own personal experience but when our regular vet felt our dog needed to be seen by a specialist and wasn't sure what type of specialist would be the most suitable he referred us to a veterinary specialty group associated with a veterinary medical school. There was no problem whatsoever. I realize every situation is different but when you're trying to get the best possible care for your pet you would not want to be turned away because your vet thought it might discredit "her."'My' vet won't give the go ahead for an emergency appt. with the specialty group because if they don't deem it an emergency, then it could 'discredit' her with them for future referrals. At least she was honest (). So, back to Square One.
I am being selfish in that I wanted to go to a location 15 minutes from my home for the sake of Feeby who has never had to endure more than a 5 minute drive to the one and only vet office she has ever known vs. one that is 45 minutes from my home. That one is on me. And, I guess I can't be that picky.Is there anyway your previous vet who is in the process of retiring can be contacted to lend his support and/or make the call to the specialty group for you? I'm just trying to brainstorm to help Feeby and you.
I am probably not being very clear - sorry. This group will take Feeby (on referral only) - BUT NOT at the location I wanted to go to. They told me that the only way I could go to the location that I wanted was for Feeby's 'current' vet to declare a visit as an emergency, which she wouldn't do. There is an earlier opening at this particular location and the specialty group felt Feeby should be seen sooner rather than later. The 'current' regular vet pretty much told me - not in these exact words - to 'suck it up' and go to the location with the earliest opening, which 2-3 weeks away. I am not sure how many more weeks I would have to wait for the location I wanted.I'm sorry you can't have your Feeby referred to the specialist group only because your vet fears to have her reputation stained over a possible wrong referral. Isn't it possible to have you and Feeby referred to them by another vet? Isn't it possible to "by-pass" this rule of the referral and get straight access to the specialist group?