Hyperthyroid on RAW Only

Chrissy66

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
155966956_872489930274425_4931501615317656955_n.jpg
154932975_872490026941082_1124303117878987304_n.jpg
It took us a month to get Candi transitioned to Raw. First it was constantly throwing up so we went back to Canned Food. Solistic Chicken and Gravy. Then I got a Little one and always knew if I got a little one, they would go straight onto Raw which is what we did. Little did we know Candi would take interest in the All Provide Raw food. We would let her eat the remainder of Toby's Food which wasn't much for a few days then we would try her on some. She turned her nose up at it but we just added a little more to Toby's Food for her. Don't know what it was, I guess it being her little adopted brother's food she was interested in it more. Little by little we got her to eating some with her canned food then now we are on 100% All Provide.
My question is, I took pictures as best as I could to show everyone, but since she has been hyperthyroid and a Senior Girl Age 15 years old she looks so puny. Is there anyway the Raw Diet will help her get her muscle waste back?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is she on thyroid medication? Assuming her numbers are good, and you are feeding her more than required to simply maintain her weight (and she is eating it all), she should gain back some. Of course, that is also assuming she doesn't have any other health issues.

If the above is true and she isn't gaining any weight, then you should probably discuss with your Vet some reasons why this isn't happening. Maybe she's getting more than usual exercise playing with her little brother? Perhaps she just needs a few more calories each day :dunno:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Chrissy66

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, she is on medication and as for Playing, she doesn't play just mostly walks around carrying her little toy mouse on occasion in her mouth like it is her baby. Her numbers have been level for over a year now and the only other medical problems she has is a slight heart murmur. Her food we have been just feeding her what she should normally eat but I will definitely increase her food intake to see if that will help if not then I will get with her doctor to see what she says. Thank you so much.