hydrogen peroxide

kindlykritter

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i have found that adding a couple of drops of hydrogen peroxide to the water dish makes a healthy cat. my cat colony is so healthy now. treats bacterial infections and makes their teeth white and clean and breath fresh. they have healthy babies too. :runningcat: i'm so pleased.
also it kills worms and parasites.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to disagree but I would NOT recommend putting hydrogen peroxide in your cat's food or water.

Hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) is a strong chemical, even when diluted down to the concentration of 3% which consumers can buy at the drug store.

Hydrogen peroxide can cause burns, pain, and irritation to the skin. It is a strong emetic when swallowed. (It will make you vomit, violently.)

Even the drug store 3% variety can bleach the color out of your clothes. It's actually good for removing blood stains.

Just imagine what it would do to the insides of your cat!

Even if you say that you're only putting a few drops in a bowl of water, I would still not do it. Not only can it be dangerous, I can see NO beneficial health effects. By the time hydrogen peroxide makes it down your cat's esophagus it will be completely destroyed and decay into its byproducts of water and oxygen gas. However, on its way down, it will irritate and burn your cat's digestive tract.

Further, there is no way on God's green earth that feeding hydrogen peroxide to a pregnant cat can have any beneficial effect on its kittens. That would be like saying that cutting off a pregnant dog's tail will make its puppies be born without tails.

Even if there MIGHT be some small health benefits, the risks outweigh any possible benefit, real or imagined.

If you are putting just three drops of hydrogen peroxide into a pint sized bowl of water, it would be so diluted that it could have no conceivable effect. Besides, any peroxide that is in the water would break down into water and oxygen in a short period of time. In that case, you would just be wasting time, money and resources.

I say again! DO NOT...DO NOT...DO NOT put hydrogen peroxide into your cat's food or water!

Nothing good can come of it!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I have to agree with Casper's Human.
It's wonderful that your cats are doing so well, but it is likely to be in spite of the hydrogen peroxide, not because of it.

Cats are sensitive to hydrogen peroxide and can develop irritation and bleeding of their stomach, which has been fatal to some cats.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

kindlykritter

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ok. i'm sorry. i didn't know it was bad. i read that the body (humans and animals) makes its own hydrogen peroxide. so i didn't know it would hurt to help it out.

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s okay. There is a lot of misinformation floating around the internet.

Do you remember how people thought that drinking bleach was a way to prevent COVID-19?

There’s that stupid internet meme about kids eating Tide detergent pods, too.

Sometimes dangerous things catch on.

Yes, the body does synthesize hydrogen peroxide but the body also makes acetone and hydrochloric acid. I would never even think of drinking any of those things.

Last edited: