Hurricane Sandy Photos

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I took some photos of the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. This is not all of my photos, but enough to show the damage in my area. I may post more photos later as I go through (took over 100 photos!)

A shot of a tree split

For every tree that falls, a new one grows.

One of few trees that fell on the buildings

This one caused the most damage in my apartment complex. broken windows and damaged roof

The view from my window. If this tree fell in my direction, I'd have a broken window!

Wind was strong enough to bend this sign (I never liked this sign anyway!)

Rainbow day after the storm

At my parent's house.. the tree across the street fell, landed on power pole and pulled power lines from the neighboring houses.

My parent's neighbor two houses down. 4 trees fell, domino'd each other and crushed part of the house

Men pulled the stump out and placed it next to a damaged street sign.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow. The area we're in is rural, and so far I haven't seen any damaged houses. :cross: But the tree damage is just crazy with this storm vs Irene. :nod:

But I love the shot of the rainbow!

The entire area - other than weird little pockets - is out of power still. I'm going to try to start a thread with pics, but don't know if I have enough signal strength to upload pictures. Verizon doesn't know when they'll be restoring service here - we have no phones of any kind. Texts work, and the USB air card for internet works, but don't always have enough signal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
If you google photos from the hurricane, there a lot more devastating photos.. makes mine look like nothing :( I hope everyone's alright!

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's amazing what Sandy has done. The picture of the rainbow is the one bright spot. I hope everything gets cleaned up quickly.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just incredible the power of Sandy and all of the damage caused. I cannot believe those HUGE downed old trees. So much work and so much cleanup. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
so destructive :( Im so pleased you ok! 

I saw a lot of photos come through on FB and saw Lauries yesterday :( 

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow. The power of those winds just makes me shudder. Glad none of those trees fell on your apartment, and you're safe!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, how scary! I'm glad we only got some rain and wind here. Some parts of Ontario were pretty bad but not as bad as the middle of the storm.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Such a shame to see those big old trees ripped down like that. I'm glad you're OK and still have a place to live! I hope the clean-up doesn't take much longer.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How's clean up going over there? You got power back, didn't you? :cross: And how's the gas situation where you are? I know it's a real mess in a lot of places in NY.... :cross: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
cleanup is very slow. Trees are still on the buildings and down.

I got power back thursday, no TV or Internet though (not till weds when Verizon comes in), but ~300,000 homes on Long Islans are still without power. I am sure the Nor'easter won't help. My parents still don't have power and isn't expected until next week at earliest!

Gas.. horrendous. One station filled up saturday morning, line was wrapped around the blocks and sold out by late afternoon on saturday. It's near impossible to get gas unless you are first on line! I have 3/4th of a tank, and staying local!

No gas anywhere else! those stations that has gas, does not have the power to pump the gas (figures, huh?)

How about you?

Last edited:

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes crazy forces!

DO you live in a second story or something? Looks like you got some good pics from up above.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
yea, I am second floor and prefer it!