Human allergies to cats

Christykitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Anyone use Purina Pro Live Clear food for their cat or kitten. My daughter has tested positive for cat allergies amongst many other allergens. I want to try every possible solution before I even consider the unthinkable (rehoming).

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you tried the usual tip and tricks to keep allergens down for asthmatics and allergy sufferers?

There are members here on TCS who are allergic to cats but have found solutions that work for them.

I'm not sure if anyone has tried the Purina Live Clear food. Here's the Purina's scientific info on how the food works to reduce the protein in cat saliva that triggers reactions: https://www.purinaproplanvets.com/media/539671/purina-proplan-liveclear-monograph.pdf It's only available as a (very calorie dense) dry food and ideally should be the only food fed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Christykitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have you tried the usual tip and tricks to keep allergens down for asthmatics and allergy sufferers?

There are members here on TCS who are allergic to cats but have found solutions that work for them.

I'm not sure if anyone has tried the Purina Live Clear food. Here's the Purina's scientific info on how the food works to reduce the protein in cat saliva that triggers reactions: https://www.purinaproplanvets.com/media/539671/purina-proplan-liveclear-monograph.pdf It's only available as a (very calorie dense) dry food and ideally should be the only food fed.
Thanks for responding. I read through some of the threads before. We don't let the cats in her room and bought a air purifier. She takes allergy medicine but is still having symptoms. We don't know if it's cat because she also has tree and grass allergies.

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Brushing your cat everyday goes a long way to reducing allergens the cat produces and it’s healthier for the cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Christykitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Brushing your cat everyday goes a long way to reducing allergens the cat produces and it’s healthier for the cat.
I'll be honest that I dint brush regularly. I have a 12 yr old resident kitty, 4 month old kitten, and the semi feral momma. Momma cat will be the hardest to brush. I was thinking about buying Allercat to put on to brush their fur with.