Howdy, I'm new...

fraggles

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, I'm Patty, and I decided to join after receiving my new kitten. This is my second time owning a cat. My previous darling, Ariel, had been my baby since I was 5 years old. She passed away when I left to college, so I was put off from owning cats for a while. Now I'm starting my senior year, and I find myself with this little treasure named Ziltoid (the Omniscient... hehe). No pictures yet, but I will have to find a camera and fill my 160 gig hard drive full of pictures of him.

So, this is a big howdy from a poultry science nerd and her favorite alien kitty, Ziltoid the Omniscient.

( Sidenote: "Ziltoid the Omniscient" is the name of an album about a coffee loving alien who seeks to take over the planet Earth. It seemed fitting... )

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fraggles

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoro

hehe Just curious. Did you celebrate Towel Day?
No, but I most likely should.

I should amend that Ariel wasn't the only cat I've ever owned. Mom and I use to pick up the abandoned cats that people dumped off around our property and give them homes. This includes a beautiful orange tabby that had been burned with some sort of chemical on purpose.
This is one of the sad truths about living in the country. People tend to throw off of their unwanted litters or pets out here. Ugh.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!
!........

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

See you on the forums!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is such a great site, everyone here is so nice and friendly
Also this site can be very helpful and informative too

Bless u and ur moms hearts for taken in abandoned kitties, all of mine are rescues in each of their own way, my bella though was left on one of the busiest streets around here! And she is the friendliest cat, to friendly
always has to be on my shoulders
(btw we have 6 cats total)

But hurry up and get that camera, we would love to see pics, we just
pics here!

Well see u on the forums

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fraggles

No pictures yet, but I will have to find a camera and fill my 160 gig hard drive full of pictures of him.
I was just looking at my Persi file yesterday on my hard drive and it contains 2 gig of pictures, 700 photos. So, if you achieve your goal, you could have 56,000 photos or so, depending on the compression method if any, you use. That would be quite the accomplishment! I have had Persi just a little under a year so 700 photos translates to about two pictures a day. Cats are just so much fun to take pictures of!
Good luck with filling your hard drive; you will have a lot of fun doing so.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there Patty
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and Ziltoid to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fraggles

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone! Ziltoid and I appreciate the warm welcome.

I'm still looking into swiping someone's camera. His markings are so interesting (and hopefully not something he'll grow out of). He's cream colored with white stripes down his back.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi & welcome to TCS!
Can't wait to see pics of your baby!