How will you make the mundane exciting?

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw this posted and thought this was so cute and could potentially be really funny.
This is actually a really cool thing to try for real though. Perhaps a way to be thankful and find some positives and joy in the simple and sometimes "bleh" stuff we all have and sometimes hate to do.

1637360826176.png

So I ask all of you...What have you done or will you do that's typically "mundane" but make it exciting!

I'll check back with mine when I think of something! LOL!

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ha, yeah, I joined a neurodivergent cleaning help Facebook group, and "gamifying" the process is a common suggestion. I haven't tried it myself yet but I think it would work for a lot of people.

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We didn't go to Costco for groceries and gas when we had a Crown Victoria. We pulled the Battlestar Victoria into Space Dock 17 on A Deck for provisioning and to have the L-Hyd tanks topped off.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't "do the dishes and put them away"...I decontaminated potentially biohazardous materials from my equipment used for biological fuel preparation prior to putting them in their containment units.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't vacuum...I harnessed the power of Aiolos!

(AIOLOS (Aeolus) was the divine keeper of the winds and king of the mythical, floating island of Aiolia (Aeolia). He kept the violent Storm-Winds locked safely away inside the cavernous interior of his isle, releasing them only at the command of greatest gods to wreak devastation upon the world.)

The litter and fur didn't stand a chance!!!! Muahahaha!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I gathered my colony of feline fighters, sleepers, munchers and complainers to finalize once and for all what to do with the threat of invasion of the pigeons on our territory, while I, being the ruler of the kingdom, offered to let them have their unlimited morning kibble buffet.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dined on succulent food from the ocean, with fellow companions who were well traveled and knowledgeable of the customs and languages of many far countries.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am conducting an archeological expedition to a little explored corner of my territory where there is rumored to be unknown quantities of scholarly implements that have not been seen for some time!

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dined on succulent food from the ocean, with fellow companions who were well traveled and knowledgeable of the customs and languages of many far countries.
Sooo, you had seafood or possibly sushi with some friends?

I am conducting an archeological expedition to a little explored corner of my territory where there is rumored to be unknown quantities of scholarly implements that have not been seen for some time!
Are you digging out the Christmas decorations?

Edit: Wait no....scholarly wouldn't match.....????

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ha, yeah, I joined a neurodivergent cleaning help Facebook group, and "gamifying" the process is a common suggestion. I haven't tried it myself yet but I think it would work for a lot of people.
I do this! It's so helpful for me. Or I'll time myself and try to beat my previous record, things like that. That's definitely what I do to make the mundane exciting (slash trick my brain into wanting to do something, ha!)