How was your first cat?

helsic

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know many people in this forum had have more than one cat over the years, so let's share our experiences about that first kitten that stole our heart and how do we feel about it.

Since I was a little girl I have been allergic to cats, dogs, rabbits, parrots and basically any animal so I always wanted to have a cat during all my childhood but my parents never let me. Since I grow up my Asthma disappeared so during college my roomie got a adorable gray tabby kitty as a bday gift and he was my FIRST kitten. Technically wasn't mine but I lived with him for 6 years and I just loved him as mine. 

His name was Kyo {named after the main character of King of fighters game} he was a fighter a vigorous tom and a spoiled boy. He died in my arms in the hospital after the Vet gave him the shoot and I regret so many things I could have done to save him but I didn't because I was very ignorant about cats during that time so I didn't understand the signs when he started to get sick. 

It's been more than 6 years but still every time I see a gray tabby I get feelings, I think is impossible to forget your first cat. Right now I have two kittens I rescued from the streets when they're just newborns, I love them but still Kyo is in my mind and I treasure all the memories I have with him.

My dear baby:

Last edited by a moderator:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My very first cat was a beautiful Tri-colored calico who I named Miss Muffet. I was about 6 years old and brought her home after finding her in our neighborhood, she was about 6 weeks old. She became MY cat and I loved her for about 5 years until one day she disappeared during a blizzard. I was heartbroken. I have never forgotten her and although I have had many cats since (over 50 years worth) she will always stand out in my mind. There is always ONE cat that is your soulmate though, for me that was my Chrissy, a feisty little gray tabby that ruled everyone with a iron paw. She died in 2012 after following me onto the street, a tragedy that I will never recover from. I do try to comfort others now to comfort myself in her memory. I hope you get a lot of replies, I enjoy hearing the love others have for their little ones.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My aunt bred Persians and surprised me with a beautiful white kitten.  She was so sweet.  I miss her to this day.  Kyo certainly was handsome. Thank you for sharing the video. 

Last edited: