how to your cats react to your absence?

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Siggav

Depends on how long I've gone though, but when I go away for Christmas (around 2 weeks and she's boarded at a cattery) she'll be really restless and vocal when she comes home when I'm back. Telling me all about what happened when I was gone and how unfair the whole thing was and how I should never do it again.

I have a video from just after last christmas where you can hear her complaining at me:

She's not this vocal normally.

ETA: For shorter times being gone, my parents told me when they stayed at my apartment with me that when I went away for work etc. Nikita sat at the door waiting for around 10min or so every time I left. Basically sitting around and seeing if I'd just ran off outside with the trash etc. After roughly 10min she'd decide I'd be gone for a while and went about pestering my parents for attention or going to sleep or some other cat thing that she does.
Your video got my female Bengal(Zoey) attention! She was all over the computer.

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by abbycats

Your video got my female Bengal(Zoey) attention! She was all over the computer.
I've actually heard that a lot about that specific video. Something about Nikita's meows in it makes other pets pay attention. Don't know exactly what it is or why but it is rather interesting.

roobear

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It didn't get my Max's attention he is asleep on my feet, didn't bat an eyelid.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Jamie stops "speaking" to us when he sees a suitcase being packed. He used to be very aloof for a few hours after our/my return, and then stick to me like glue for several days. I now make sure I always have a couple of new toys or treats in my bags when I return, so he helps me unpack and forgets about being "mad".