How to upload a video

Status
Not open for further replies.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
On TCS we ask that people do not post links to videos, but load them to the site.
The sites that are currently available for download are listed below these instructions but you'll also find them listed under the URL box when you post there.

To post your video:
In the toolbar at the top of the post, click on the small arrow as shown:
Insert box.jpg

It will produce a drop down box.
Click on the Media option:
Media drop down box.jpg

A box will appear where you can paste the URL. Paste it there, then click 'continue' at the bottom and your video should appear.
If it doesn't, it is from a source that is not accommodated by this platform.
URL for media.jpg

Sources that are supported:

Attachments

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can also upload your video directly in media if it is on your device. I did that for some of Fred’s spy cam vids.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That requires a URL which I do not have. The video is on my iPad.
Go to media and click on it. Then you can upload. Make sure to save it in a gallery, then share the gallery to share it. I will try to post some photos for you if I can.

here are pics on ipad, I uploaded a video Zena and Fred chasing each other I will try to link it here.

Step 1: Go to your profile page

F732122D-27DC-4FDE-94AE-E4BE95CD5934.jpeg

Step 2: click Media

5CDC80E5-EC00-4370-950E-23F54A7BDD28.png

Step 3: Click Add Media and select create personal album- I may have skipped a step here and forgot to photograph of that it will be obvious if you get this far what you need to do.

85667025-5F1C-442F-9813-BA22046B0EF2.jpeg

Step 4: click Upload file and select your file, my smaller spy cam videos show in my photos bigger ones don’t for some reason.

3D428D30-7DD8-41D1-95B0-EB1F02173F78.jpeg

Step 5:Select your file and upload then name your album and or video and click save.
Your video should be saved in the general media file on the website as well as in your personal media. I found I could only share my videos if I had created an album then share that- I can’t remember how to do that right now but I’m gonna try to do that here and share the one I just uploaded and I will add that if possible as a step.

879E3A09-60F2-4B16-85F9-59589BBD48FD.jpeg

* make sure you are in desktop mode when you do this because on my iPad mini some of these features don’t seem to work unless I select desktop.

Last edited:

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Zena Chasing Fred 😹

The way you add your uploaded video to a post here is to copy the URL at the top of the page where you would be able to view the video and insert it as a link in a post- you can name the link as I did here- if you click on this link you’ll see the video I just uploaded of them.

This was just last night when I had very high glucose and I decided to sleep in Fred‘s room with some air-conditioning- they were running around making noise while I was trying to fall asleep. It was good to see them running around and playing though.

Fred has not made much progress the past few weeks but the past two days he made a lot of progress meowing at me and Zena and the other cats and running around with Zena. I think he was pretty shocked that I slept in “his” room lol. I did wake up and hear him using the litter box at some point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.