How to transition food when old food has been recalled?

Cookie dough

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The Ava kitten dry food was what my kitten was on but have found out today that this has been recalled!! Took it all back and got James wellbeolved kitten dry food. But how do I do this? Any tips very very welcome!!! She does have ava wet kitten food which they said hadn't been recalled but she's not really keen on it and has mainly dried.

Thank you

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Others will be by with more information that you want/need. For now let me add this so other members will know which cat food and where.

Sainsbury's and Pets at Home are among retailers to have recalled a type of dry cat food over a potential link to a rare and fatal cat disease.

Owners should return food made on behalf of the brands by manufacturer Fold Hill as a precaution.

Shops recall pet food linked to rare cat disease

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Normally you would do a slow transition mixing mostly old food with some new food, changing the proportions every day or two until, by the end of the week, he's eating all new food. But without the old food, I would simply put down half as much as you usually do for a day or two and then grow that back to full portions over the next few days.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cookie dough

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you. I've mixed a little dry with the wet for 2 meals today and have put a small amount of dry down about 30% of normal for her 3rd meal. I will give her some more wet later with a little more dry mixed it. She seems to love it, she's not normally keen on wet and will pick dry so I think having it mixed in with the dry helped and hopefully the combination of wet she's use to and the new dry might stop stomach upset. 🤞🤞