How To Tell Kittens Age? Pictures Anyone?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like they have him at a PetSmart. That's much better than the shelter. Someone will probably fall in love with him this coming weekend and take him home. :catrub:

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No. :sniffle: I would go visit him to see how he is doing, but I'm working full time today and leaving town to go visit my dad over the weekend.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha, well I couldn't stand it, so I drove 30 miles out of my way to stop by PetSmart after work. Both of those orange tabbies were there...and neither one is Dasher. The one does have white booties, and the little scrawny one doesn't have enough clearly defined tabby markings. Now I feel kind of stupid...and also like I'm stalking a kitten. :crackup:

Anyway since I drove so far, I sat down and watched a bunch of kittens play. This handsome guy crawled up in my lap and almost went to sleep:

Some day I'll win the lottery and own a cat sanctuary with a big staff and lots of cats. (Yeah, right?)

Anyway, now I'm back to wondering what happened to Dasher.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Could they have more than two orange kitties and Dasher's coming in tomorrow? You did not ask if there were more than two of them?

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All the young kittens had very fresh spay/neuter incisions, and they do surgeries only on Wed and Thurs. Maybe they didn't have time to get Dasher on this week's schedule. There was a lady at PetSmart who works for the shelter. She said if I turned him in last Friday he probably "wasn't ready yet". Both those tabbies I saw today were turned in on the same day.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I touched base with the shelter. Dasher was adopted. :catrub:

I guess he was adopted straight out of the shelter and his photo never even went up online. When I checked him in, the intake person said he weighed enough to be adoptable "immediately". I'm sure they neutered him first. :headscratch:

Anyway, that is one happy ending. Hope he has a wonderful long healthy life in a good home.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is that the kitten that would play dead when your other cat smacked him? That was so funny. I wish you would have gotten a video of that.:D

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. He didn't derive any joy from playing with my other kitten...except for playing dead. :p I was afraid they'd throw him in with a bunch of kittens and he would cower in a corner...not his personality at all! Hopefully the new owners didn't adopt "the shy one", because he's an outgoing gregarious little devil (with no other cats around).

I'd be happy to have a functional camera, much less video. :biggrin:

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I worry about the type of home he got...but he got one. :) My biggest concern was that he would sit in a shelter for weeks or months being scared and miserable. So this is very good.

nahui

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yayyy!! :clap2: I just read the entire thread and I am so happy Dasher found a forever home! Thank you for everything you did for him.