How to tell if a cat is pregnant?

myste

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm wondering how to tell if a cat is pregnant? One of our local strays is getting heavier and her underbelly seems to be loose. I haven't gotten close enough to pick her up (she doesn't care for it, but she loves to be petted) The owner lives around here.. has had the cats for a while, then got a new dog and the cats took off. We've contacted the owner and he came and got her once, but she escaped again. I'm not sure if she is spayed (could just be getting fat, we all feed the locals). We tried to take her in, but she has destroyed our screen door and a bedroom window screen trying to get out, plus our curtains. We're afraid to take her in now with the kittens (she hisses at them through the window, but she hisses at all other cats, it seems) but if she is pregnant, I would like to take her in or at least get the owner to. (she does have a collar and tag, she's just an escape artist)

mia1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
When my cat got pregnant her breats got bigger and her nipples turned pink. I took that as a major sign. Good Luck!