How To Stop Cat From Chewing On My Hair?

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
One of my cats, not sure who, has taken to chewing on my hair while I am asleep. (and only asleep, I assume because I am hearing impaired, I can't hear them meow so they resort to other measures to get me up for breakfast)

I woke up with a chunk of it on my bed (photo). I don't want any of them swallowing my hair either

Of course this does not make me happy, it's a big chunk and if it keeps up I will look terrible.

Any ideas other than putting them out of my room at night? I don't know who's doing it either and i am a sound sleeper to know. the end is wet so I know it's a cat

Attachments

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Would it be possible to sleep with a fabric shower cap or this silk hair wrap?
Silk Sleeping Hair Wrapping 100% mulberry Silk 19mm multicolors

I'm sure there are other products that would cover your hair also but I'd check into which ones are safest for the kitties and not attract them to chew it. Please let us know how you decide to solve this problem.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the past my one cat would just tap my lip with a little bit of claw to wake me up. :nono: My teen kitten walks slowly all over from head to knee and then goes into the closet.... repeats it every 5 minutes or so. :bat: It is just slightly painful but not enough to get me jump up saying ow. Cats really master the art of annoying you without outright hurting their furless humans. My point is, I don’t think they are doing it to wake you up. You might try braiding your hair and spraying it down with bitter apple? Lemon oil? Or better yet look for citrus shampoo and conditioner.

I think either one was playing and started practicing their kill bite or they were comfort chewing. One 8 month kitten has played with my hair since I raised him and still bats at it every time I pick him up and hold him like a baby (when I visit.) :rolleyes:

Cats ...... :dunno:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That must have been a shock to wake up to. :eek:

I don't have any ideas that haven't already been suggested, but since Googling "cat chewing hair" got several hits, I'd say you're not the only person this has happened to.