How to ratio raw meaty bone with muscle and organ meat?

IloveJesus

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
New to raw feeding been feeding baby who is 7 months old raw for about a month and a bit adding premix supplement such as "know better" which was fairly easy. Recently I just bought Alnutrin for Meat & Bone from the direct site. Pre packaged. I do not have a grinder so I am unable to grind up the bone temporarily. So my question is, for daily or weekly requirements can I just give it to her on the side the wing and then the rest of her daily meals with the muscle meat and organs? Thanks

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, you can give cat safe cuts of unground whole meaty bone instead of using minced parts. It’s good for their jaws and teeth, in some capacity. Personally, I’d use chicken necks over wings, as they’re safer, and you can feed the whole thing. With wings, you don’t want to be feeding the drumette. I wouldn’t feed the wingette to a cat new to raw meaty bone, either.
1642237527848.jpeg

• Purraise
Reactions: F+V
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

IloveJesus

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you soooo much. This is such a great help. Thank you also for breaking it down for me, really don't know how appreciated I am. Yes I heard the chicken necks are better to start off with but I am unable to get them where I live as it's a small town even driving to the butcher shop they didn't have what I was seeking for.

Also was searching everywhere for chicken heart. So impossible only have chicken livers, but then at a butcher shop was able to buy a beef heart. So I did. That's another problem would you know how much to give beef heart? There are so many recipes and feeding calculators to ratio the chicken heart but nothing for the beef heart. I don't want to over feed her it either. I know it counts as a muscle meat but how much is safe to add to the muscle meat? Like if a recipe calls for 100g of chicken heart how would I ratio to beef heart to have the same nutrition or close to it if possible? 🥺

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Most butcher shops can special order things for you but that may have changed these days:rolleyes: Can you order from Hare-Today.com? They sell lots of meat and organs and bones for raw pet food use.

IloveJesus

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes actually I ordered from there today should be getting the order mid week this week. Ended up ordering chicken hearts and along other things because I don't know the ratio nutrients for the beef hearts.

Raul-7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Where can I buy pre-made chunk mix? My cats prefer chunks over ground and I like that it gives them that mental stimulation as well cleaning their teeth.

IloveJesus

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If your talking about diced meat and not ground. Hate-today has pretty good pricing there. Can buy different varieties and earn points with them. Shipping though is a little pricy I ordered today and paid almost 20$ for shipping. Have to buy min 10lb of food though to checkout but some pricing are cheap so it's not too bad. Seems cheaper than other places I seen min order 70$. But this is in the US. Hope this helps. Link below

Category | Hare Today

F+V

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, you can give cat safe cuts of unground whole meaty bone instead of using minced parts. It’s good for their jaws and teeth, in some capacity. Personally, I’d use chicken necks over wings, as they’re safer, and you can feed the whole thing. With wings, you don’t want to be feeding the drumette. I wouldn’t feed the wingette to a cat new to raw meaty bone, either.
View attachment 407766
Why do you advise against giving the drumette part? I can't source necks anymore and resorted to giving my cats chicken wings because a while ago a holistic vet suggested that I try wings. Initially the whole wing and now only the flat/drumette part. It's absolute pita to skin those but my cats don't really seem to touch them with skin on. Anyway, I'm beginning to think wing bones are too thick and difficult to eat for my cats who are used to neck cartilage, and started trying keel bone cartilage and knee cartilage...