How to put weight on a thin kitty

donna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone have any idea of what to feed a 6 month old Sphynx that needs to gain weight? I thought of Science Diet Maximum Growth. Any other suggestions?

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Donna
My Joey was a tiny bit of a thing, too. He only weighed 1.9 lbs at 3 months. I fed him Iams and Science Diet canned kitten food twice a day in addition to leaving dry food out. He's full grown now, if you can call it that. The vet says he's 9 lbs, but you wouldn't know from looking at him- he's still skinny as a stick. Some breeds are just smaller than others. Hope this helps.

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Donna, Donna, Donna....how bout some nutrical, turkey sticks for infants, ground beef, baby food or even some whole lactaid??????

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

donna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yo Sandy,

I've never even heard of nutrical turkey sticks. Sounds like something you put into plant soil. I didn't think baby food could be given on a regular basis. But, I did buy some for the show this weekend so I'll try it tonight mixed in with 9-Lives tuna. Now, am I still riding to the cat show with you or do I have to run along side the car???
I'll talk to you tonight.

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Donna!!!
Not nutrical turkey stick...Nutrical OR the turkey sticks you buy for toddlers. However the lactaid you could give him every day. you are runnin..hehe