How to motivate Terra the Cat to be active in her play?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thefishyone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is an AFC house, so my options are limited. In roughly a year I should have a job which will disqualify me from AFC and allow me to rent directly from the owner. When that happens, I can ask for permission to properly catify this place.

thefishyone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cat shelving might not be an option as I would have to get permission from the landlord to install it. Just left hrr a message 20min ago, will let you know.

Another thing too is that I plan on starting classes October 19th through University of Phoenix online, and Terra is so fixated on the cord that I can’t complete new student orientation since I have to constantly stop her from playing with and chewing on the cord. Do any of you know of a form of bitters that are safe to apply to electronic cords?

The only alternative I can think of is to kernel Terra locked in my room during classes. Terra absolutely HATES to not be near me, and will even wait outside the bathroom door for me when I take a bath or use the toilet. If it comes to this, are there any really good toys I can krrp in my room for her to entertain herself with?

I would love to have my faithful kitty at my side during classes, but this is too important. Any ideas?

thefishyone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Everything they were talking about relates to power cprds, not headset cords.

Being that Terra is very single minded hin in her pursuit of this cord and I hate the fact that I have to shout at her in a very menacing tone every 2 seconds, I have decided to shut her in my room when I game. I hate doing this, but I’m too visually impaired to get a driver’s liscende, the public transportation in this psrt of the country sucks, and none of my friends live in the same town I do. My computer is one of a couple of ways I have of interacting with the outside world, and with programming school coming up, I can’t afford to let Terra damage my equipment.

After gaming sessions, I head upstairs and play with Terra for a bit. Then I give her some post playtime treats. It’s not ideal, but it sure beats constant negative reinforcement.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
not headset cords.
Can you get cordless ones?

I have decided to shut her in my room when I game.
Sometimes that's the only thing you can do. But she might, in time, learn that playing with the cord gets her evicted from the room, and therefore choose to just quietly hang out with you instead.

thefishyone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’m afraid not on the cordless ones. I just spent $200 on these no more than 2 months ago. Plus, I’m pretty sure the Razer Blackshark (my current headset) doesn’t come in s wireless model. I suppose I could try orienting to corr so it on the opposite side of my body, but that would be about all I could do.

thefishyone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If I have to keep poor Terra in my room during gaming sessions, are there any good toys I can get for her to play with? Terra and I have been joined at the hip since the day I bought her home as a 3 month old kitten, and I hate having to do this as much as she does.

I feel horrible knowing that Trrrs is waiting anxiously at my door to come back from the computer, but the role I play in the game I play is the most attention intensive, and people will loudly complain if I don’t do my job. Maybe a catnip stuffed toy to cuddle with would work?

thefishyone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Terra is certainly an older cat, and doesn’t have (wuite) as much playful energy aa she did as a kitten. The fun in playtime for me is getting to estch Terra bound about and be a cat. That said, she does need toys she can play with when I’m not thrrr. Will check these out.