How to make my cats like their new food

comithy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have 2 cats: Baby (a 4 year old tabby) & (Billy) 2 year old long haired.

Both have digestion issues - Baby has bad digestion and usually pukes out what his body cant handle & Billy is sensitive to cheap quality cat foods and will get diarrhea if she eats too much of it. After some trial-and-error, we found that the RC 2nd age kitten dry food was the most compatible with her digestion.

As a result, both cats exclusively eat RC 2nd age and there have been no problems so far. However, all the pets stores in my city have ran out of RC (its always limited in stock) and are waiting for the next shipment. I looked for alternatives and bought the Purina One (which both Baby & Billy seemed to like before) but now they absolutely won't touch it. They would rather eat the Friskies that we prepare for the stray cats outside our house. I think its a problem with the taste, and I really wanna resolve it quickly before it affects my cats health. I usually add some puree treats on it for Billy but Baby wouldnt be able to handle that combination.

Any other suggestions on how to make them eat/like it?

Morpheus1967

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Can you order online? I have found that with Chewy I can get my orders the next day, 2 days at the most. It all depends where you live and where they are shipping from.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
not sure if your cats can eat these or not but graycie loves those freeze dried pure bites treats so i usually crumble some into dust ontop of any new foods i am trying to get her to eat with her dry food i always an extra bag or two on hand so i have them on the chance the pet store is out of it same with the canned(covid hoarding):lol:her stash of food is better than what the gf and i have on hand

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

comithy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can you order online? I have found that with Chewy I can get my orders the next day, 2 days at the most. It all depends where you live and where they are shipping from.
unfortunately i dont live in the US and my country has really strict shipping restrictions due to the pandemic. But i'll try looking into setting up a sort of monthly subscription with my local pet store though!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

comithy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
not sure if your cats can eat these or not but graycie loves those freeze dried pure bites treats so i usually crumble some into dust ontop of any new foods i am trying to get her to eat with her dry food i always an extra bag or two on hand so i have them on the chance the pet store is out of it same with the canned(covid hoarding):lol:her stash of food is better than what the gf and i have on hand
will definitely be trying that out! i think freeze dried treats would be easier on the stomach for Baby as well. "her stash of food is better than what the gf and i have on hand" same here, at one point my fridge was completely empty and their shelf was packed to the brim :crazy:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
will definitely be trying that out! i think freeze dried treats would be easier on the stomach for Baby as well. "her stash of food is better than what the gf and i have on hand" same here, at one point my fridge was completely empty and their shelf was packed to the brim :crazy:
:lol:you get the accusation"you feed /spoil the cat more than you do me!" yet?