How to keep cats out of rooms with doors?

PoppyLove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, I have a 4 month old kitten who is constantly darting towards my back door, i am so worried that she is going to run outside. i put up a three foot tall baby gate but she jumps right over it. I even tried adding pipe insulators to the top of the gate to make it taller but she still gets over! I attached a photo of what I have come up with to try and keep her from entering the kitchen but nothing so far has worked. Any advice on how to keep a cat out of certain rooms in your house. Thank you so much. image.jpeg

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Try these threads for ideas:

There are also vinyl accordion bi-fold doors you can install in the doorway like this:

If you need to be able to see through the doorway, there's this option:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

PoppyLove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much! Those are great suggestions, are those from amazon? Do you know how those doors are attached to the sides of the wall? I really appreciate your help.

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No but you can find something similar on Amazon or at a hardware store.

www.amazon.com/Folding-Vinyl-Concertina-Sliding-Kitchen/dp/B0827F4Y51

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PoppyLove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I have never seen this kind of door before, is it study enough if a full grown cat runs into it?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My parents had one such door installed in their living room doorway, mainly to keep the cold air from the bulky window AC unit in the room. The door held up to my adult cat. I think the door my parents had just got screwed into one side of the doorway with the magnetic latch part installed on the other side. Other doors may have a track that goes on the top of the door frame and the top part of the door fits into it and slides back and forth.

LeiLatte

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We have a door installed at the top of the stairs to keep the cats upstairs.

I guess I got the idea from my parents because as a kid, we had a cat but they wanted to keep her in a certain part of the house sometimes, like if guests are over. So they put a door in the hallway.