How to keep cats away from places you don't want it to go?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cat lover 225

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a feeling Cat Lover 225 resides in a country where animal rights aren’t a priority. And yes, reconsidering a cat sounds reasonable at this point. I feel badly for her and her circumstances But the cat has to come 1st and that sounds like it is going to be a strain.
You are literally 100% correct

Cat lover 225

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And the things about getting a cat or a kitten....I'm a bit confused

First of all,kittens.They are cute.Cats are cute too but they are more noble.But if you get a kitten you can get both cute and Noble (I know I make no sense lmao but it's like a 2x deal or buy 1 get 1 free).But they are hyperactive and take every chance possible to spend their energy.True,that is gonna be really hard for me to control.And especially hard since my plan was too keep the kitten in my room for a few weeks,make it kinda tame and silent and make it get good behaviors like using the potty and scratch post,and then introduce it to my parents.But now I'm worried that it may run from the room when the maid comes to clean it.And they can pretty much mess up my whole room by jumping.But still ,at this early age,it should be easier to teach them good habits.

But cats are comparatively much easier to tame and won't run around every chance they get.But ,I found on Google,that once they get a habit of spraying or scratching,they won't leave it easily even if they are neutered.Thats because they are creatures who always follow their routines and ones these habits become a part of that,they won't forget em easily.Now ,in our religion cats are admired mainly because of their cleanilines.. However,urine is considered to be impure.And if the cats get a habit of spraying ( if it was a kitten I could neuter it right when it's about to go to heat),my parents won't support it.And to make matters worse they have a urine complex or something.The previous time I kept a rabbit,but since my school was ongoing,I wasn't able to potty train it ( and for some reason he had a habit of getting urine stains on his fur so I needed to bath him after every 3 days.AND at that time I was around 8 or 9.....so yeah...i was very immature ).Then after several months of this process,our whole house started to smell like pee so my parents basically sold them back to the breeders for 1/4 of the original price.But this time I'll make sure to avoid this and to make matters better,from next week I'll be COMPLETELY free for 2 months.But still,if the cat gets this habit,things can get pretty ugly.And secondly about scratching.That can sure happen by accident sometimes,but by that time I'll need to make sure that my parents have somewhat bonded with the cat.And I'll need a few weeks for that...But if the cat already has a habit (but if it was a kitten,I could train it before it even got the habit),it will take me a much longer time to train.And our house is made of some pretty expensive wood so yeah,I would want the cat to avoid scratching that.

What should I pick.......... My head hurts at this point....

Babypinkweeb

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been obsessed over cats since I was a toddler, but I did not get my first cat until I was 21. I always wanted to make sure I can properly care for the cat and give it everything it needs. It's a living creature and not a fun toy for my selfish enjoyment. I cannot control it 100% of the time. If there are so many worries, it's best to wait until you're older and able to provide for it properly, separate from your parents. My parents were anti-pet (traditional asian parents) but since i was an adult and taking care of it myself, paying for it myself, they were more open to it. If I were younger and didn't know how to properly care for it, and causing the cat to have health or behavior issues, my parents would gain negative impression of the cat. I didn't want that. I think if you are so worried about your expensive home, nice room, furniture, and keeping the cat away from so many places, you should reconsider and wait until you are older and able to have a place where the cat will come first. It's not a cute decoration.

Cat lover 225

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've been obsessed over cats since I was a toddler, but I did not get my first cat until I was 21. I always wanted to make sure I can properly care for the cat and give it everything it needs. It's a living creature and not a fun toy for my selfish enjoyment. I cannot control it 100% of the time. If there are so many worries, it's best to wait until you're older and able to provide for it properly, separate from your parents. My parents were anti-pet (traditional asian parents) but since i was an adult and taking care of it myself, paying for it myself, they were more open to it. If I were younger and didn't know how to properly care for it, and causing the cat to have health or behavior issues, my parents would gain negative impression of the cat. I didn't want that. I think if you are so worried about your expensive home, nice room, furniture, and keeping the cat away from so many places, you should reconsider and wait until you are older and able to have a place where the cat will come first. It's not a cute decoration.
ok I'll tell my parents that I don't want the cat

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Umm,I know this sounds extremely selfish but in a country where you literally see 5 beggars every road,other animals are the last thing that comes to mind.To give you a bit more context,the city in which I live in is among the top 5 in the most densely populated cities in the world .And to make matters worse,first British ruled this country and then another tyrant.And it has only been a few decades since we became independent but now the politics is totally corrupted.And now in a populated city like this,the covid has been spreading like wildfire.And because of the lockdown the poor people are starving in the roads .

But no,that doesn't mean that animals should be treated like this.But ,still,it's just that,how can people rebel against this when they don't have food and a place to stay themselves ?Im sorry if I sound too selfish too bear.
You are not selfish. You are very caring and I praise you for loving cats and wanting to adopt cat(s).
It's not wonderful here, either, depending on who you are. I am mixed/Indigenous, so for me, I can definitely relate to colonialism because for me, we had it here and still do. And it is not the dream place so many people used to see it as (and some still do). We have many poor people and homeless people here. Politics? Well, we had four years of a madman and now we are trying to recover from that, but he has many supporters still. So it is not easy. And other animals (we are animals too -- primates!) are not protected and respected as they should be. BUT...having said all of that, my concern is always, ALWAYS, for the cat first. And if there is hostility to cats where you live, it would not be fair to bring a cat there. If it is dangerous in your environment, it would not be fair to bring a cat there. I absolutely want you to have a cat, because you sound like a good and caring person! but it may be better to wait until you are on your own or married with someone who also will love and protect your cat(s). That is what I think and believe. And as far as litter box training, cats are trained by their moms to bury their eliminations. It is part of their instinctual behavior. Almost all cats will know how to do this. Those who don't can be trained, for the most part, with love and patience. And all cats, like all people, will have "accidents" when they are sick or nervous or stressed. It can easily be cleaned. Over here, we have enzymatic liquid cleaners that are safe for cats and that clean by destroying the molecules left after you wipe up an "accident", making it absolutely clean and fresh. I use Nature's Miracle-Just For Cats and it works great. Where these cleaners are not available, using soap and water, and then putting baking soda (bicarbonate of soda powder) on the spot will work pretty well. Know that this WILL happen, and if you are not prepared to accept it, it would not be a good idea to adopt a cat. It is never the cat's fault!!! Cats are the cleanest beings on earth (except for marine animals) and they are much cleaner than humans, given the chance. And if I'm guessing right from reading your post, remember the hadiths about cats.
Also, know that cats do NOT give humans COVID. Cats can GET COVID from humans, which is why it is a concern to keep them safe.

Last edited:

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ok I'll tell my parents that I don't want the cat
Oh man..... I feel like I could hear and feel your bubble bursting and your heart ache. Would you consider adopting an older cat? Someone who is much more mellow. A kitty who would just be happy to be loved and to pretty much stay in your room? And hang out just a little bit? I don’t think spraying is an issue. that generally only happens with male cat to have been Left intact because it’s how they mark their territory. When a cat is neutered or spayed young it is almost 100% not a problem. If an animal that does not have a history of marking suddenly urinates inappropriately, that can be a sign of a urinary tract infection and that can be addressed with medical attention.

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You are not selfish. You are very caring and I praise you for loving cats and wanting to adopt cat(s).
It's not wonderful here, either, depending on who you are. I am mixed/Indigenous, so for me, I can definitely relate to colonialism because for me, we had it here and still do. And it is not the dream place so many people used to see it as (and some still do). We have many poor people and homeless people here. Politics? Well, we had four years of a madman and now we are trying to recover from that, but he has many supporters still. So it is not easy. And other animals (we are animals too -- primates!) are not protected and respected as they should be. BUT...having said all of that, my concern is always, ALWAYS, for the cat first. And if there is hostility to cats where you live, it would not be fair to bring a cat there. If it is dangerous in your environment, it would not be fair to bring a cat there. I absolutely want you to have a cat, because you sound like a good and caring person! but it may be better to wait until you are on your own or married with someone who also will love and protect your cat(s). That is what I think and believe. And as far as litter box training, cats are trained by their moms to bury their eliminations. It is part of their instinctual behavior. Almost all cats will know how to do this. Those who don't can be trained, for the most part, with love and patience. And all cats, like all people, will have "accidents" when they are sick or nervous or stressed. It can easily be cleaned. Over here, we have enzymatic liquid cleaners that are safe for cats and that clean by destroying the molecules left after you wipe up an "accident", making it absolutely clean and fresh. I use Nature's Miracle-Just For Cats and it works great. Where these cleaners are not available, using soap and water, and then putting baking soda (bicarbonate of soda powder) on the spot will work pretty well. Know that this WILL happen, and if you are not prepared to accept it, it would not be a good idea to adopt a cat. It is never the cat's fault!!! Cats are the cleanest beings on earth (except for marine animals) and they are much cleaner than humans, given the chance. And if I'm guessing right from reading your post, remember the hadiths about cats.
Also, know that cats do NOT give humans COVID. Cats can GET COVID from humans, which is why it is a concern to keep them safe.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 girl, I truly appreciate you and your wisdom.

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Umm,I know this sounds extremely selfish but in a country where you literally see 5 beggars every road,other animals are the last thing that comes to mind.To give you a bit more context,the city in which I live in is among the top 5 in the most densely populated cities in the world .And to make matters worse,first British ruled this country and then another tyrant.And it has only been a few decades since we became independent but now the politics is totally corrupted.And now in a populated city like this,the covid has been spreading like wildfire.And because of the lockdown the poor people are starving in the roads .

But no,that doesn't mean that animals should be treated like this.But ,still,it's just that,how can people rebel against this when they don't have food and a place to stay themselves ?Im sorry if I sound too selfish too bear.
No this doesn’t sound selfish. It’s just a reality of your situation. And I understand basic life struggles have to take precedence sometimes. There is no blame being laid anywhere. I don’t think you’re being selfish at all. And just so you know, most cats potty train very quickly as it’s just instinctual. there’s really not too much training that you have to do. Put down a litter pan and put them in the pan. That’s generally all you have to do and if by chance they do have an accident somewhere, clean up the accident and put the paper towels or whatever have you used to clean it with in the litter pan as well as any poop. Generally that gives them the idea very quickly.

Cat lover 225

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Before starting,I want to say that I don't mean to offend or disregard you anyway.Im just stating what I disagree with.
I've been obsessed over cats since I was a toddler, but I did not get my first cat until I was 21. I always wanted to make sure I can properly care for the cat and give it everything it needs.

Me-Since I'm not an adult ,I'm a bit confused...Arent you supposed to be more busy when you are an adult??? I mean ,that's about the time you enroll in an university.And from seeing my sister,she has less time now than she was in high school.

It's a living creature and not a fun toy for my selfish enjoyment. I cannot control it 100% of the time. If there are so many worries, it's best to wait until you're older and able to provide for it properly,

Me-Im not trying to buy it from my dad's money but from the money I got from my apartment birthdays that had been stored for 1 year which is 225$.I thought I had enough money and time to provide the basic necessities.Or at least I thought so,since all I found from the researches I conducted on the net was cat need 30-45 m engagement time,18 square feet while I would give it the whole house (2250 square feet),some basic necessities such as litter boxes ,scratch posts ,cat climbing tree etc.,daily food consisting of a healthy diet, avoidance of substances it might try to consume such as fine foil and artificial grass or toxic plants, vitamin a (through the netted balconies) ,and safety from heights that can injure itself (that's why I nettted it) , and a visit to the vet per 6 months (maybe more if necessary).And the way you are saying it,it makes it seem like you earned the money yourself?? And I find it a bit hard to believe that Asian parents allow their child to do a part time job instead of studying.My parents never let my sister do a part time job (tutoring) and shes 24.

separate from your parents. My parents were anti-pet (traditional asian parents)

Me-Most parents are.

but since i was an adult and taking care of it myself, paying for it myself

Me-Like I said again,did your parents allow you to waste your time by doing part time jobs instead of studying??In my case,I am paying from the money I got through my birthdays.True,I do understand that this is not as meaningful as the money you earn by working hard.But still it's important to me as I only get it once a year.And it's not like "Ill spend it for this this time and next time I'll spend it for that."Birthday money is only gotten ONCE a year so the next time isn't gonna come soon.And I don't think that you did a part time job either.

, they were more open to it.

Me-did you live separately when you were 21? Or was it that when you went 21 you simply valued less for money and were like ,"Nope,I will care for my cat just like most cat lovers.But I'm not gonna care for money.Ill let my cat do as it pleases and not teach it any good manners." Because as I see it ,your parents let you get the cat because now that you are older you are suddenly a cat expert ( of course you have more patient than me now that you're older.But that doesn't mean that you're more knowledgable now suddenly just because you're 21,to be more knowledgable one needs to give time ,not just grow older.) and you were more responsible (I think that's the main reason they trusted you,it's not because you are 21 or something).

If I were younger and didn't know how to properly care for it, and causing the cat to have health or behavior issues,

Me-I don't think knowledge about a factor is affiliated with age.To be honest, most adults are worse than me in drawing.Im NOT saying that I'm better than any adults as that would be extremely arrogant.Adults are much more experienced in life but that doesn't mean they are more experienced tahn kids in all sectors.What truly matters is the time and effort put behind things.And ,I must say, adults are more fast learning than most children than kids and they for some reason don't take as much as times as children to produce the same result ( I'm saying that from experience,An oil painting that takes me 27 hours takes someone (she's the only one among the 80 others in our art batch who can draw at the same level about me.She is the assistant professor in microbiology or something) takes her only 11 hours lmao.
CEC34FE6-CD21-4CC3-8E2A-0634615DEF6A.jpeg

My one

9B6FABD6-D7FE-4952-80FA-54F03E074E7A.png

Her one

my parents would gain negative impression of the cat. I didn't want that. I think if you are so worried about your expensive home,

Me-Umm,am I supposed to not sorry about something that is expensive and especially isn't mine??

nice room,

Me-And I don't remember saying that I'm worried about my "nice room".The only thing I was worried about in my "nice room" was that it would damage the cat,and now I've solved the main problem about the balcony.

furniture,

Me-I think it's not rare to be worried about all the plates, furniture,etc. especially if it's not something you own.And I beleive that no person is willing to just let the cat throw away all the plates,and scratch all the furniture they want .Every single person would at least try to prevent it by providing a cat house, scratch post etc.And I had already made arrangements for the money by sacrificing the other things I wanted to buy.And if I'm wrong and every person allows their cats to do so,it must be because they are millionaires .If that's the case,I don't need to be 21 ,but 50 to get that amount of money.

and keeping the cat away from so many places

Me-And I don't reckon saying that I'll keep the cat away from "many places".In fact,I said that I will let it go to every place it wants to.Most cat owners are hesitant to let the cat into the balcony,but I said that I would let it enter and even made it safe for it by applying nets.

, you should reconsider and wait until you are older and able to have a place where the cat will come first

Me-Cat coming first doesn't mean that everything that comes next is valueless.It means that I'll value my cat,but I'll also value money and not let it just eat it.And by the way you say it sounds as if you enrolled to an university outside your home country or city.If that's so,I don't think that its totally up to you,not up to them.Going to a university in a separate city and staying in the hostel there isn't much different than staying alone.So I believe that when that happens ,one is FORCED to be responsible.To me, someone who studies is home and someone who stays alone and studies are COMPLETELY different people.So,if you did the latter,then you probably had the mindset of someone much older and more responsible ( at least that's what it seemed to me after seeing my brother and sister.One studies outside home in another country and one studies inside..) The latter's mindset is so much more mature that,I dare to say that he/she would have the complete authority to do such tasks and the parents wouldn't say a thing.

. It's not a cute decoration.

Me-If I wanted to get a cute decoration I would buy cat plushies,not an actual cat.

Though it hurts to just cancel all the preparation and the money that I had saved for a year (225 $. 75$ from my sister.The rest I got from my birthdays),I'll cancel it since an experienced person says no.But still I don't think that you have been a cat owner for long ,since you just joined this community/ forum just a few months ago (But that's just what I think,so it may be incorrect.)

Attachments

Cat lover 225

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I 100% agree with you and it seems that you kinda guessed my religion 😅😅.And I'm 100% willing to accept any "accident" and I'm sure with due time,my whole family will grow fond of the cat.The thing is..it's just hard to see an ambition come so close to being fulfilled but still now it's just gotten back to where it started from...it's just hard to accept that even though I have the money and everything else I need to adopt a cat,I still shouldn't....

Cat lover 225

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just read my comment about your reply again and IM SOOO SOORRY....I just realized how rude it was of me ....I apologise writing that ...it was just that I felt a lot of mixed emotions

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just read my comment about your reply again and IM SOOO SOORRY....I just realized how rude it was of me ....I apologise writing that ...it was just that I felt a lot of mixed emotions
Matters of the heart are very emotional. Especially when you’ve put so much effort into the planning of this. There was a lot of information and input all from here. I can understand why you might feel a lot of mixed emotion at this time. everyone on this forum just wants what’s best for everyone involved. Reread the posts. Consider your options. your gut will tell you what is right and what’s not. Hang in there little sister. Peace.

Last edited:

Babypinkweeb

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You're fine! Sorry if I sounded too blunt or harsh, of course I don't know you personally but I've been around people who love their pets but neglect them at the same time. A person I lived with kept 5 rabbits in a cage smaller than my coffee table, never took them to the vet nor cared for them beyond feeding and water. They also take lots of cute photos of them and act like they're such devoted rabbit parents. My friend recently met a new puppy owner who kept their high energy expensive purebred puppy locked in a crate for most of the day that it's paws started showing issues. My friend did not even consider getting a puppy until last year since her job became work from home full time. Since she got the puppy, she spends majority of her everyday to train, socialize, and care for her puppy. I'd say probably more than half the day every day for the last 4 months! That's why people compliment her puppy's good behavior. I think many people do love animals and want to do their best, but might often not be able to, or know how to properly care for them. And then when something goes wrong, they often just blame it on the animal.

If you have the amount of time and attention needed to train and entertain kittens so they will learn to obey the rules of the home, it's definitely doable if the kitten has the right personality. On the other hand it may be easier to do it with an older cat where you know they are more obedient or calm, vs taking a risk with a kitten. Some unwanted behavior can be due to previous living circumstances, health problems or natural born personality, but a lot of unwanted behaviors for cats and dogs are due to under caring or training.

A thing to consider is that if you share a living space with others, but they aren't fully supportive nor helpful about your pet, it can make things a lot harder for you. For a period of time I had to keep my cat in my room only in a house I lived in, but I made sure to cat-proof it fully and let him go as he pleases within the room. It would be even harder if the ones you live with are against the cat, as they might find any reason to point blame at it (and you) if something unwanted happens.

Last edited:

Cat lover 225

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh man..... I feel like I could hear and feel your bubble bursting and your heart ache. Would you consider adopting an older cat? Someone who is much more mellow. A kitty who would just be happy to be loved and to pretty much stay in your room? And hang out just a little bit? I don’t think spraying is an issue. that generally only happens with male cat to have been Left intact because it’s how they mark their territory. When a cat is neutered or spayed young it is almost 100% not a problem. If an animal that does not have a history of marking suddenly urinates inappropriately, that can be a sign of a urinary tract infection and that can be addressed with medical attention.
Could you please tell me the appropriate age for such a kitty??? I searched on the net abou
You're fine! Sorry if I sounded too blunt or harsh, of course I don't know you personally but I've been around people who love their pets but neglect them at the same time. A person I lived with kept 5 rabbits in a cage smaller than my coffee table, never took them to the vet nor cared for them beyond feeding and water. They also take lots of cute photos of them and act like they're such devoted rabbit parents. My friend recently met a new puppy owner who kept their high energy expensive purebred puppy locked in a crate for most of the day that it's paws started showing issues. My friend did not even consider getting a puppy until last year since her job became work from home full time. Since she got the puppy, she spends majority of her everyday to train, socialize, and care for her puppy. I'd say probably more than half the day every day for the last 4 months! That's why people compliment her puppy's good behavior. I think many people do love animals and want to do their best, but might often not be able to, or know how to properly care for them. And then when something goes wrong, they often just blame it on the animal.

If you have the amount of time and attention needed to train and entertain kittens so they will learn to obey the rules of the home, it's definitely doable if the kitten has the right personality. On the other hand it may be easier to do it with an older cat where you know they are more obedient or calm, vs taking a risk with a kitten. Some unwanted behavior can be due to previous living circumstances, health problems or natural born personality, but a lot of unwanted behaviors for cats and dogs are due to under caring or training.
thanks for being so forgiving🥺🥺🥺 But please be 100% honest with me... Do I deserve to own a kitten or a cat??? Like I said,for the first 2 months I can give it unlimited time to train, socialize etc...But after that I'll only get 30-45 minutes to spend with it.....

And is it true that once cats get a habit of going out to mate with others of the opposite sex,they will continue to do so even after getting neutered..The reason I'm so worried is because of a story I heard from my sister

It was about her friend who is a GREAT university student.She had owned a cat and honestly,was very forgiving.The cat LITERALY tore all her textbooks and copies and books (each book is very expensive) and all she did in return was.....glue the pages back together...And since the cat wasn't potty trained it would sleep with her and pee on the bed.Because of that one night,she couldn't sleep....And the next day she had an EXAM.

However,still,the cat ran away making her very worried...but the cat had a surprise she would not even dare to think of...It returned !!! But for some reason with another cat...And their happened for 4 TIMES.And now that girl is the mother of 5 cats.

I know that once neutered ,it will not be able to reproduce..But, however,I found out that once make cats do it one time,they may still get the urge to do it and run away.And tbh,once the cat runs away she will not be able to return back for various reasons.And I heard that older cats aren't able to lose the habit of scratching furniture even when given hours of training with a scratch post...If older cats don't have these problems then I can probably get not one,but 10 of em (just joking,I'll get 1)

Cat lover 225

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Matters of the heart are very emotional. Especially when you’ve put so much effort into the planning of this. There was a lot of information and input all from here. I can understand why you might feel a lot of mixed emotion at this time. everyone on this forum just wants what’s best for everyone involved. Reread the posts. Consider your options. your gut will tell you what is right and what’s not. Hang in there little sister. Peace.
Thanks alot of being so supportive. 🥺🥺🥺🥺

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Could you please tell me the appropriate age for such a kitty??? I searched on the net abou

thanks for being so forgiving🥺🥺🥺 But please be 100% honest with me... Do I deserve to own a kitten or a cat??? Like I said,for the first 2 months I can give it unlimited time to train, socialize etc...But after that I'll only get 30-45 minutes to spend with it.....

And is it true that once cats get a habit of going out to mate with others of the opposite sex,they will continue to do so even after getting neutered..The reason I'm so worried is because of a story I heard from my sister

It was about her friend who is a GREAT university student.She had owned a cat and honestly,was very forgiving.The cat LITERALY tore all her textbooks and copies and books (each book is very expensive) and all she did in return was.....glue the pages back together...And since the cat wasn't potty trained it would sleep with her and pee on the bed.Because of that one night,she couldn't sleep....And the next day she had an EXAM.

However,still,the cat ran away making her very worried...but the cat had a surprise she would not even dare to think of...It returned !!! But for some reason with another cat...And their happened for 4 TIMES.And now that girl is the mother of 5 cats.

I know that once neutered ,it will not be able to reproduce..But, however,I found out that once make cats do it one time,they may still get the urge to do it and run away.And tbh,once the cat runs away she will not be able to return back for various reasons.And I heard that older cats aren't able to lose the habit of scratching furniture even when given hours of training with a scratch post...If older cats don't have these problems then I can probably get not one,but 10 of em (just joking,I'll get 1)
I think your university friend’s story is extreme exception to the rule. And once the hormonal challenge is gone, they generally don’t have that wander lust anymore. And you know you can always trim their toenails with a toenail trimmer if they will allow that. Some cats will, with some cats it’s more difficult. I used to have a cat that I used to have to trim one toenail at a time but it worked. And I understand that you would have a lot of time to devote to a kitten right now. But after that time is up, the kitten is still going to need that time which it seems like you will not be able to provide. that also may be a consideration of for you. I would go, if possible to the shelter and see if they have any cats that seem to fit your needs. The shelter people generally know the animals at least fairly well And should be able to find someone that you can coexist with on good terms (and of course, love the living daylights out of 😻)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I 100% agree with you and it seems that you kinda guessed my religion 😅😅.And I'm 100% willing to accept any "accident" and I'm sure with due time,my whole family will grow fond of the cat.The thing is..it's just hard to see an ambition come so close to being fulfilled but still now it's just gotten back to where it started from...it's just hard to accept that even though I have the money and everything else I need to adopt a cat,I still shouldn't....
Assalamo alaikum wa ramatullahe wa barakatahoo.
I still think you will be able to share life with and love a cat in future. You have the interest and the desire to do so. But maybe now is not the best of times or places.
Each cat is different, as each human is different. They are highly intelligent and some experts think, more sensitive than humans. Certainly they are more sensitive than most humans! But just as a background, I have lived all my life, since conception! with cats, and the benefits far outweigh the problems. I have very few problems with my cats. They are very close to perfect! And any "accidents" are easily cleaned so they may never have happened. Of course all of my cats stay indoors only for their safety and health, and are spayed/neutered at the earliest possible time, also for their safety and wellbeing.
There should be a cat in your future. Just maybe not right now.

ObeseChess

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I haven't read the entire thread, but I do want to echo a few things I saw mentioned earlier on:

1. You should absolutely rescue an older cat. I am a new cat owner who plucked a senior cat off the street about a year ago and she is incredibly low maintenance and just as full of love and friendship as any other animal, possibly more so. Having a kitten is an incredibly difficult full-time job and if and when you do decide that a cat is right for you, there are plenty of old cats who will give you as much love as you deserve with a lot less stress. It's a good learning curve!

2. For the balcony, I enclosed my third-floor apartment balcony in two "layers" of chicken wire, one on top of the other, and my cat has never tried to climb them - it would be remarkably difficult, though possible. I would suggest a similar solution for yours when the time comes.