AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
:yeah: I've donated to the HSUS (Humane Society of the United States) many times after natural disasters. They've been going to major disasters for a very long time so are well-organized and efficient at helping animals needing rescue during such times.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I saw many posts on facebook to smaller rescues in that area that have people coming with boats and cages to rescue. I don't have any names off the top of my head-but there's a public post going around about two guys who are photographed in the boat with 2 dogs and that they will be going out to help people-there are posts following of other rescues that are currently coordinating with them to find homes/fosters/boats/cages/food/water etc.

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
Wings of Rescue
I donated to Wings of Rescue- here is their facebook page.
They are flying animals in shelters out of state to make room so that displaced pets are able to stay local until being reunited with their owners. It's expensive to keep a plane running this is a man's personal airplane that he uses to cargo the animals.

I also volunteered to foster at least one dog and I have room for reptiles too (not sure if they would be transported but you never know). The out of state shelters are going to need fosters because of the new animals coming in.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Wings of Rescue
I donated to Wings of Rescue- here is their facebook page.
They are flying animals in shelters out of state to make room so that displaced pets are able to stay local until being reunited with their owners. It's expensive to keep a plane running this is a man's personal airplane that he uses to cargo the animals.

I also volunteered to foster at least one dog and I have room for reptiles too (not sure if they would be transported but you never know). The out of state shelters are going to need fosters because of the new animals coming in.
Yes, Wings of Rescue are flying pets out to San Diego shelters.... It is in my link.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to donate to the ASPCA. I want to do something and I've been wanting to give to them anyway.

Ellen

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just heard through a friend that these are good organizations that need help:

Help Animals- all are excellent. Just go to their websites. Friends for Life is excellent, but they are very well funded.
Brazoria County is located near the coast and is always overlooked.
Texas Litter Control - Cat Sanctuary- total loss. Low-cost spay and neuter clinic.
Forgotten Dogs - amazing. Gotta be a strong person to do what they do.
Rescue Bank, under Greater Good's umbrella is an Animal Food Bank. The largest suppliers of dog/cat food provide Truck loads food to RB & they send on to small no kill rescue gps. All are in great need of $$. Now my add ons:
Lab rescue: lsawl.org - Lone Star Animal Welfare League
Special Pals Shelter - specialpalsshelter.org
Horses: Habitat for Horses -habitatforhorses.org
Bluebonnet Horse Rescue- bluebonnetequine.org .

Helping Houston Post-Harvey: Large and Small Relief Organizations Can Use Help.