How To Help A Cat With Diarrhea?

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Hey all,

One of my cats has had diarrhea for the past few days. all liquid pudding. I am not sure who. One or both, I don't know.

Both cats are eating (slower or not as much, but eating). I can't tell if they're drinking, but the skin pull test tells me they're hydrated.
Both cats are alert and nothing's changed personality wise.
Wet food has been the same. I did get a different brand of dry, which I usually switch up to whatever is grain free and is on sale. I fed it last week (once a week I feed dry to change it up). Not sure if that could contribute considering it was once or twice I feed it. I haven't fed the dry in a week now.
They are strictly indoors. No contacts with stray/feral cats (or shelters).

Yesterday was day 3, so I called my vet (cat only vet). She said as long as they're not vomiting or no change in behavior, monitor a few more days. She said there's nothing I can do for the time being. if the diarrhea persists after a few more days, take her in. She doesn't think anything is obstructing their bowels because it usually causes vomiting and they're eating.

Is there anything I can do for the time being? Something I can offer? They won't eat pumpkin- I tried that.

I am going to be away on Friday for 10 days and I want them to be all better before I go.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It could be the dry food, You could try adding probiotics such as half of an acidophilus tablet to wet food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
thanks, I will look into the acidophilus tablets. I hope it helps :)