How To Get Tassee To Use Cat Tunnel

edie56

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yesterday i got tassee a tunnel she loves to play she loves treats i was thinging of using the treats to lure her through im handicapped so i cant get on the floor but i have a 12 yr old nephew that loves to rough house with her but he isnt rough with her he likes to grab by her front paws and she seems to be walking she doesnt get upset when he does this maybe i couild get him to do the lureing

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, putting treats in the tunnel will show Tassee that the tunnel is fun for her to go through. She might just be hesitant to enter into an unfamiliar place. Don't stress about it, though, different cats have different preferences for toys.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Your nephew could also pull a wand toy through the tunnel to lure her into it. Even just moving the toy under the tunnel to make it sound like a mouse is hiding there should work.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Throwing (her favorite) toys (with catnip) into the tunnel, while she is looking, can also seduce her to go in. I'm sure she will enjoy it. My Missy even plays in the tunnel when I'm not at home; sometimes I find it completely folded in one of the corners of the room.

IMG_3648.JPG IMG_3679.JPG

caitini

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Bear in mind though that some cats aren't interested in tunnels. I've given up on trying to get my resident cats to use it; I just keep it around for the short-term fosters. (Of which I have two at the moment - who have grown up together - and only one of them uses it!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

edie56

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
she is really doing better she learned the tunnel thing all by self the funny thing she does shell lay down and start moving her rear end like shes pumping up her legs then all of the sudden she start going faster and she runs so fast that the tunnel flies but she has a bad habit of biting she doesnt bite hard i wouild like to get rid of this habit and also her claws are getting very sharp and i cant seem to get any help with them with my last cat it took three people to do her ive only had tassee for about three weeks and she doesnt like to be held for long periods