How to get our cats on some sort of sleeping schedule??

wacckky

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
idk if this is possible lol but is there any way i can get them to sleep when we sleep? but why do i want them to sleep when i do?? well because theyre aholes to each other and feel the need to get into these fights while we're asleep, waking us up in the middle of the night to deal with it.

we have 3 cats, 2 females and 1 male. all spayed. but theyre all family as the male is the father of the other 2. they generally love each other but they can be mean. we often deal with issues between them fighting, nothing major however we have dealt with bladder issues in the past due to stress the vet thinks. this has been an ongoing thing I've been dealing with having pheromone diffusers going, medication, giving them their own "space" which they end up going into each others spaces anyways, and giving them each love individually.

i just cant deal with getting up during the nights like this i really need the sleep for school and work lol. now during the day they sleep ALL day. and they even cuddle with each other which is sooo cute but why are they at each others throats at night?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats eventually learned to sleep all night with us, but they are older now. Cats are naturally nocturnal, so they will be prowling around at night if they sleep all day. Make sure you have several bowls of hard food setting around so hunger won't make them antsy, and maybe a few toys scattered to interest them. You might try playing hard with them with a wand to tire them out in the evenings, or finding out who is the instigator and isolating them in a closed room. if the kittens are around a year old or so, they just are too young to settle down yet, still full of kitten energy and wanting to play fight. Time will take care of that. One of the main things is to try to figure out WHY they are doing this, females usually spat with each other over getting into each other's space, you might provide some areas they jump high up into to escape or get a cat tree. They might be bored or just invading each other's personal space and need to expand a bit, easier to go up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wacckky

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cats eventually learned to sleep all night with us, but they are older now. Cats are naturally nocturnal, so they will be prowling around at night if they sleep all day. Make sure you have several bowls of hard food setting around so hunger won't make them antsy, and maybe a few toys scattered to interest them. You might try playing hard with them with a wand to tire them out in the evenings, or finding out who is the instigator and isolating them in a closed room. if the kittens are around a year old or so, they just are too young to settle down yet, still full of kitten energy and wanting to play fight. Time will take care of that. One of the main things is to try to figure out WHY they are doing this, females usually spat with each other over getting into each other's space, you might provide some areas they jump high up into to escape or get a cat tree. They might be bored or just invading each other's personal space and need to expand a bit, easier to go up.
yeah thats another thing too.. we cant free feed them like that as theyre on a vet prescribed diet due to their bladder issues but 1 is slightly obese so theyre all on a schedule. but they are calm when they are fed, and a few nights where ive gotten fed up with their fighting ive fed them again. the girls are 3 now the dad is 4. theyre adults but still act like kittens.