How to get kitten to eat more?

michelle722

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have 2 4 month old kittens. Brother n Sister. He eats well. Shes very picky. Im feeding them Iams kitten food. Any suggestions on howto get my baby girl to eat more? Shes so tiny.

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 2 4 month old kittens. Brother n Sister. He eats well. Shes very picky. Im feeding them Iams kitten food. Any suggestions on howto get my baby girl to eat more? Shes so tiny.
Have you offered them wet food ? Some kittens/cats eat that better ..

chwx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I too suggest trying some wet food. Adding some wet to their diet is good for their health anyways, adds extra fluids. Have they been spayed and neutered yet? My girl Sally has always been a petite lady with a nibble here and there attitude towards food. She got spayed at 4 months old and when she came home, she was a walking skeleton. The first few days were such a struggle to get her back on food too, I ended up feeding her canned food with powdered kitten milk mixed in and offered kibble to her too. That was back in October. These days she's got her appetite back, put on some much needed weight and doing well. I really think spaying her helped, cats are finicky creatures anyways but hormones can mess with their appetite.

Though with all that said, if she's at a healthy weight she may just not be a glutton. How is she weight wise?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

michelle722

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She may weigh about 3 lbs. She able to toss her brother around.He weighs about 5lbs LOL. Thank you for the suggestion