How to disinfect safely

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live by myself which simplifies matters. I am 100% confined at home, being considered a high risk case because of my age. I order my food and medicine by phone and they are delivered at my door. I have asked my daughters, grandchildren and great- grandchildren not to visit me. WhatsApp and Internet are a blessing.
Sombra and my 50 plants are living beings which need my attention and keep me company.
For the moment in Uruguay we have 274 infected persons, 9 in hospital and no deaths.

I hope home deliveries are allowed worldwide.

mentat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
golondrina golondrina Are you able to use mobile, house, or internet phone line to communicate effectively, maintain human social contact? I don't know how distributed the demographics are over the surface land area of Uruguay. Or the technological access in homes, remote or inner city. My Colombian uncle says it was difficult to get his extended family to understand the need to keep to their households, instead of all meeting at his mother's, as they're worried about her. It's such a tightly knit family culture down there for him.

I hope all my friends and family still working stop soon. Hunker down. I know the healthcare providers cannot, but all the stores and food service businesses, go to a delivery system only, using contagion protocols. Start a courier system, even for rural areas. Our large cities and suburbs have many delivery options.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your post, mentat. I don't have any problem to communicate. I use both WhatsApp and my fixed telephone as well as my computer to communicate with family and friends in Uruguay and worldwide. Internet is a blessing at this particular time.
Full confinement is not compulsory in Uruguay for the moment but recommended and most people are complying within their possibilities.
The situation has been amply explained and recommendations given by radio broadcasts, television, newspapers and personal contact. As I mentioned in my previous post there are at the moment 274 persons infected, 9 in hospital and no deaths to deplore.