How to discourage cat from resting in a certain spot

max6166

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is there any gentle way to discourage my indoor cat from sitting on a specific area of the floor? The area is about 1m x 1m (3' x 3') and the floor is wood.

I was thinking of somehow making that spot a bit less comfortable to be on, but haven't been able to come up with a practical way to do this.

I have tried just repeatedly shooing him away, but he eventually broke my spirit with his determination. ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

max6166

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Double sided tape.
Thanks. Double-sided tape might work. I would likely have to replace it very frequently though.

I was hoping for something that would require less maintenance. I imagine a week or two would do the trick.

But I will give it a try.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Put the sticky tape onto something else such as cardboard :)

Also, try some irresistible like a marshmallow bed elsewhere 👍

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

max6166

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Put the sticky tape onto something else such as cardboard :)

Also, try some irresistible like a marshmallow bed elsewhere 👍
Thanks. I meant that the top of the tape would likely quickly become covered in cat hair and lose it's tack. We've got a few other cats. ;)

He does have a few nice beds and other hangouts he's used for years. He still uses those, but also spends hours every day at this new problematic spot.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What's the draw? Is it warm, or does it have a window?

. I meant that the top of the tape would likely quickly become covered in cat hair and lose it's tack. We've got a few other cats. ;)
Right, --I was thinking of saving your wooden floor from the tape, and having to reapply it.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there any gentle way to discourage my indoor cat from sitting on a specific area of the floor? The area is about 1m x 1m (3' x 3') and the floor is wood.

I was thinking of somehow making that spot a bit less comfortable to be on, but haven't been able to come up with a practical way to do this.

I have tried just repeatedly shooing him away, but he eventually broke my spirit with his determination. ;)
Put a box down. I remember photo of how to get cats off the table and 4 sitting in boes.