How to describe this color?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With the rexes, its best to go for solid colors or mostly solid. Calico vans are popular because you still have the body as being solide. Some markings just do not show off the coat well or it creates an optical illusion - not always for the good.

With the tabbies as long as the stripes are between the waves it looks fine - but that's not always possible. The only color tabby I like in Rexes is red - I can't stand the brown tabby Rexes - just don't look right to me.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My friend was showing a 4 month old Red Tabby Male and a 1.10 year old Blue Female.
She also had her black smoke and a blue cream in premiership.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all of your great suggestions and insight. I am still learning about the colors and combinations of each. This is a daily thing for me. With the years of experience combined by persons on this site, it is very helpful.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Back to the topic - I completly forget one of the most important things to mention regarding the torties/calicos. The Red/Cream colors are slow to show up! This is why your blue & white is now getting the cream patches (which look brown to you)!

I once had a litter of rexes and would write down the colors as they were born since I was right there for every kitten born.

I had written down black female on one kitten cause that is what she was (mom was a tortie bred to a black). A few days later I noticed a tiny spot of red fuzz thinking it was a piece of the blanket on the kitten. I rubbed the spot off and it didn't come off........one tiny red spot on this black kitten made her a tortie - not a black! Over the next few weeks more and more red spots showed up on the kitten and she turned out to be a nicely marked tortie.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is what is happening to my Wrinkles right now.
She used to just have red on her ears and tail.
Now she is getting the brown color all over and it is ugly.