How To Describe This Cat's Color

Skyswiftt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I never was curious about his breed as I never cared much for that kind of stuff but he was just such a gorgeous color that I'd never seen on a cat and I just wondered if there was a certain name for this type of coat color. He was a good fluffy cat which already made him pretty handsome but his coat was white with orange stripes along a few areas and bright blue eyes. We got him when he was kitten along with his brother Stormy.

View media item 422391View media item 422390View media item 422388And some more here https://thecatsite.com/media/albums/dreamer.331909/

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh wow.. he's gorgeous. :redheartpump:
Love his colour and his stunning eyes.
I'm no expert but I'd call the colour a dilute apricot or a cream.

And welcome to TCS!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
For me, he seems to be a point and tabby. Color probably red, but Im not sure - if he was much outside he may be a darkened up cream...
Apricot as mentioned is possible, but its rare among moggies.

Its not clerarly visible here, but he is prob white on underparts? His bro is, being a brown tabby and white bicolor.

So, the base guess is lynx flame point with white. Domestic shorthair.

lutece lutece ? Your color expertise is extra welcome! :)

ps. Both boys handsome and nice!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I would also describe Dreamer as a red point (also known as flame point) domestic shorthair. Sometimes people will say red lynx point (or flame lynx point)... however, all sex-linked red cats appear to be tabbies because the solid gene doesn't work on red pigment, so it's not strictly necessary to add "lynx" to the color description. He is indeed very handsome!

I don't see any obvious white on him in these pictures, but he might have some white that isn't visible here, or his brother might have been the only one who inherited the white spotting gene from their parents.

inkysmom

Inky's legacy - Belly rubs CAN tame feral cats!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Looks like a cream tabby to me. I've had two. One was a stray that I found and took on at age four and a half. He had beautiful blue eyes. I read that cats with blue eyes are actually albino, so maybe he was an albino orange tabby. Very pale. Gorgeous.
I wonder if that means Siamese are albinos? They have blue eyes too.

My gorgeous Skye aka Lovey was a cream tabby with brown eyes only cat with brown eyes I ever had. He looked like a Maine Coon.

Attachments