How to delete/edit threads and posts? And delete your account?

taylor0302

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If I ever needed to do these things, I have no idea how! Any help is appreciated

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To edit your posts, click on the little pencil in the lower left corner of the post. I don't think you can delete your own posts, but if you think one should be deleted, click on the red flag in the lower left corner to alert a moderator. You can't delete your account because all your posts would be deleted and it would mess up past threads. . .if you want to quit the forum, just log out and don't come back. But don't do that! :)

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can delete your own posts - I did it yesterday when I realised I had posted something in the wrong forum. You go to edit, and htere is a delete choice. It does ask you for a reason.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
In the old TCS format you could delete your post/thread but there was a time limit. Like if your post was there for more than 24 hours you needed to ask a mod to delete it for you. I don't know if this time limit also applies in the present format. 

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Posts can be edited/deleted within 120 minutes; after that you have to contact a moderator for help. As a matter of policy and to maintain the integrity of the forum threads, accounts aren't deleted, as Willowy pointed out.

terris

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
To edit your posts, click on the little pencil in the lower left corner of the post. I don't think you can delete your own posts, but if you think one should be deleted, click on the red flag in the lower left corner to alert a moderator. You can't delete your account because all your posts would be deleted and it would mess up past threads. . .if you want to quit the forum, just log out and don't come back. But don't do that! :)
I realize this is an old thread from 2012, but I no longer see the little pencil in the lower left corner of posts. Has it since been removed? Is there anyway to edit posts still?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At the bottom of your posts there will be a clickable links that says Flag, Edit, Purraise, Quote, and Reply. Choose Edit to edit a post.

If you're using a phone, you may see something slightly different, three dots and a little down pointing arrow next to Flag. Click on the arrow to get the Edit option.

Members with forum status of Young Cat and above have 120 minutes after posting to make edits. After that you will need to contact a mod to make changes.

terris

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
At the bottom of your posts there will be a clickable links that says Flag, Edit, Purraise, Quote, and Reply. Choose Edit to edit a post.

If you're using a phone, you may see something slightly different, three dots and a little down pointing arrow next to Flag. Click on the arrow to get the Edit option.

Members with forum status of Young Cat and above have 120 minutes after posting to make edits. After that you will need to contact a mod to make changes.
I only see a bell symbol and the word Flag on the left side, and on the right side I see +Quote and an arrow pointing left and the word Reply. No three dots, either.
I’ve attached a photo what I described.

Attachments

terris

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nevermind, I see “edit” on my reply just sent.
I know I did not see it earlier. I look all over 🤷‍♀️

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If the Edit link isn't there, it's because it's been over 120 minutes since you made the post. The forum doesn't allow members to edit posts after 120 minutes. Is there a post you need edited? A mod could help you with that.

terris

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If the Edit link isn't there, it's because it's been over 120 minutes since you made the post. The forum doesn't allow members to edit posts after 120 minutes. Is there a post you need edited? A mod could help you with that.
I’m Ok now. Thanks for your help 😊

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Request help~posted wrong song inadvertently~this song uses the "f" word. Not in a bad way, but I'd just rather delete the post as it may be offensive to some. Can someone help? Thanks.