fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bunnbs

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, Izzy made friends with all my cats, Phoebe still hisses at her but I notice she started doing to all the cats I think she just liker to hiss. I Decide to let the door open so izzy can explore more but she refuses to get out of her room any sound or movement makes her run to her room. Any advice how to make her more comfortable to walk through the house.:D

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
This can happen. I have a rescued 5 year old (rescued in January of this year) who lived a hard life outside and is now living comfortably in a bathroom. The doors to the entire house, inside, are open, but she prefers to stay in her room with her bed and other necessities. She is starting to come out to explore and, oddly enough, sleeps on the bed at night next to me. Years ago I had the same experience with an adult rescue who was living in a garage. She was so happy to have a room that she never left it. In those days, I was pretty dumb and left an exterior door to the back open for my GSD and the cat still never made an attempt to leave. This will take time for Izzy to adjust. You might try the vanilla extract on the cats as mentioned above.

Izzy is close to you and the other cats; from the pics you posted earlier she has made a lot more strides in being friendly to everyone than the cat I mentioned. It might also be that she and Phoebe won't be friends, but will tolerate each other. She may have her favorite part of the house; that can happen as well. Given that you have only had her for about a month, she is doing great and I would give it time and try to let her see that the rest of the place is safe as well. Izzy was living on a roof, so she is beyond thrilled that she has a nice home.

Last edited:

Bunnbs

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This can happen. I have a rescued 5 year old (rescued in January of this year) who lived a hard life outside and is now living comfortably in a bathroom. The doors to the entire house, inside, are open, but she prefers to stay in her room with her bed and other necessities. She is starting to come out to explore and, oddly enough, sleeps on the bed at night next to me. Years ago I had the same experience with an adult rescue who was living in a garage. She was so happy to have a room that she never left it. In those days, I was pretty dumb and left an exterior door to the back open for my GSD and the cat still never made an attempt to leave. This will take time for Izzy to adjust. You might try the vanilla extract on the cats as mentioned above.

Izzy is close to you and the other cats; from the pics you posted earlier she has made a lot more strides in being friendly to everyone than the cat I mentioned. It might also be that she and Phoebe won't be friends, but will tolerate each other. She may have her favorite part of the house; that can happen as well. Given that you have only had her for about a month, she is doing great and I would give it time and try to let her see that the rest of the place is safe as well. Izzy was living on a roof, so she is beyond thrilled that she has a nice home.
Thank you for the tips, today was my day off and I left my room open since it is the cat room, normally I have a pet barrier so my dogs don't bother the cats, Izzy decide to come to my room and play a little, she got real close to phoebe but nothing happen. I been using vanilla extract all my cats and zoe are smelling great.

Bunnbs

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello its being a while this will be my last update on this post.
Just came to say that Izzy is free as a bird, her favorite place is the living room and my room (know as the cat room), Izzy and phoebe are friends now, sometimes they play together(I think phoebe is hitting puberty always thinking she is to good to play:lol:).
Izzy is a very sweet cat, loves to cuddle.
Thank you for everyone that help me.
:redtabby: :thanks:

IMG-20220529-WA0016.jpeg

20220520_210107.jpg

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello its being a while this will be my last update on this post.
Just came to say that Izzy is free as a bird, her favorite place is the living room and my room (know as the cat room), Izzy and phoebe are friends now, sometimes they play together(I think phoebe is hitting puberty always thinking she is to good to play:lol:).
Izzy is a very sweet cat, loves to cuddle.
Thank you for everyone that help me.
:redtabby: :thanks:
Great to hear that all worked out well for you and the kitties! :clapcat: :heartshape::heartshape::heartshape:

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Thank so much for letting us know! We certainly don't mind more updates if you ever want to post.