How to attract help for a Go Fund Me fundraiser?

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Frankie and Virginia, the people that I got my baby boy Sylvester from, had a water leak a few weeks ago and now I see that Frankie has started a Go Fund Me campaign to try to raise $1,500 to pay for it. I know that it is true because I talked on the phone to them weeks ago and they were both very upset about it. I am not familiar with these things but was wondering if there was a way that I could get this out there so maybe some more people would help them? I can only give so much, and last year when Sylvester's father and sister and another cat were in trouble with fleas and some other things I said that I would take care of them being trapped and the bills, but since they had to board the males until they could finally trap his sister the bill was over $600! But I paid it, didn't say a word about it to them as I know they would've gone crazy knowing that I paid that much, plus I know they don't have money as he basically says in his story, his mom is 70 years old and he works two jobs and they barely make it plus help stray cats outside so I paid it and kept it to myself, I said to Deb "without them I wouldn't have Sylvester", but I can't donate a whole lot of money towards this project as I have my own things to pay, but is there any way that I could get this out there for them and maybe someone else could also help out? It is Frankie Delarosa Go Fund Me "Frankie's water service line repair fund".

Thanks for any advice/help!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, the other night I was telling my mother about this situation because she is going through a similar experience with having their yard torn up and having pipes and plumbing problems fixed, and she said that she would give some money towards their bill to help them. Another cat lover couple from church gave $100, isn't that sweet?! But no one else gave anything on the GoFundMe page, so Deb and I were going to give some too. I stopped in to see my mother yesterday, she will be 80 years old later this month and is doing pretty good, but she was very upset that they have to get their yard torn up AGAIN, they just had similar work done in their front yard last year now they have to have the backyard ripped up and it of course is very unsettling at any age, but at her age it was getting to her but she'll be okay. But she pulled out a bank envelope, said she found it upstairs, didn't realize she had it but she proceeded to tell me that she has been thinking about this situation with Virginia and Frankie, says she knows how upset they are about it and knows ""they don't have money to do anything about it but I do", tells me how she knows how much Sylvester means to me and how he "saved" me mentally 3 months after having Sebastian die in my arms, knows that I never would've got him if it wasn't for them, and says that she is going to pay the whole bill for them, $1,500.00!!! I said "you will be rewarded 1,000 times over for this, this is so sweet" and she said "I can do it, and I want to do it", so I took them the money yesterday and they were shocked and just cried and kept hugging me and thanking me, and I just said "her name and number is on the bank envelope, just give her a call" and they will, but I just wanted to post this story and say there are still people willing to give and help people left in this crazy world! :rbheart: :clapcat: :)

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think with things like go fund me you just have to plug them at every single opportunity you get. Social media, forums, websites, posters, flyers, word of mouth, wherever and whatever possible.

But totally amazing that your mother has such genersity and a beautiful spirit :)