How strong is your cat? Tell your story.

Jerseymeow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So...how strong is your cat? Pigpen (after the Charlie Brown character) was very strong. He could open our Anderson patio door if it was shut but not locked. He would first get his claws in the crack. Then he would apply pressure until he had the door open a slice. The next step was easy for him, as he would put his whole paw in the sliced opening and push the door open. Then he would do the same with the outer screen door. And then...."Tom, Pigpen is outside again!!!"
pigpen 2016.jpg

Attachments

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Chelsea avoided a vet appointment about a year ago....and it was for a checkup on her intestinal lymphoma at that....by attaching every single nail into the cat tree, necessitating my trying to pry them off as she reattached the last one that I freed. We never made it to the vet that day and I took another cat in her place.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jerseymeow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Chelsea avoided a vet appointment about a year ago....and it was for a checkup on her intestinal lymphoma at that....by attaching every single nail into the cat tree, necessitating my trying to pry them off as she reattached the last one that I freed. We never made it to the vet that day and I took another cat in her place.
Hysterical. I can just picture you pulling each paw off and Chelsea just putting each one back. They are so smart and really strong.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Bourbon can knock off the oxygen from me in one single jump to my stomach while I lay in bed.

My Graham single-handedly destroyed almost all my furniture, decors and small appliances in the house. She was only using minimal powers during those times.

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
Bourbon can knock off the oxygen from me in one single jump to my stomach while I lay in bed.
You're lucky you only get it to the stomach 😬 Nothing says "good morning!" like a 4am shot to the jewels.

But, Echo's superpower is having x-ray vision, despite having no eyes. Amazingly accurate in pouncing on toys and her brothers and sisters, and every now and then, you swear she's looking right at you 🥺
20200804_221551.jpg

Jerseymeow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It took 2 vet nurses and me to give a pill to Blue..no biting or scratching or fighting...just turning his head and refusing and jaws clamped shut. One nurse could not hold his head still.
The cat in the photo is beautiful. I have never seen a cat like that. What is the breed?

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Oliver is strong and tough. Would you mess with him?
What a lovely boy 🥰 I can’t wait till mine decides that it’s finally time for her to grow her adult coat.

Jum is very pliant and agreeable, and likes going outside, even if it is to see the vet 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m very lucky for it.

That said, the lil’ gremlin will pull the “cling to the tree and never let go” when she senses that it’s time for deshedding when she’s blowing her thick coat. She’s way more compliant about bathing and getting her teeth brushed than getting groomed. I don’t get it. I’m fortunate this is the only thing she fusses about, really. It’s annoying, especially when she’s blowing her thick coat at the end of autumn (yes, the weirdo has her winter coat in summer 🤦🏻‍♀️), so I’ll generally just have her professionally groomed once she starts going to get the worst out of the way haha

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not my cat, per se, but my mom's cat, Kirby, who I lived with when I lived with my parents. My back sometimes goes out and probably 10 years ago, my back went out when I was going to the bathroom. I ended up hunched over the tub with my pants down while my back kept seizing up on me. I could not stand up at all and I was stuck in that position for a long time. I had the door shut, but Kirby sat outside the door meowing and pawing at and ramming the door to get in, and after 45 minutes of me still half in the tub with my back seizing, Kirby somehow got the door open (I have no idea how) and was all over me within seconds. That of course left me with my bare behind facing the now open bathroom door and the embarrassment of having to have my brother find me like that, actually motivated me to fight through the pain and get up.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t know if it is because she isn’t very strong or because she isn’t very smart (I suspect the latter) but Willow cannot push or pull open a door that is a little bit ajar. just can’t figure out how the door works.

My former girl was a door ninja. Like doors in many old houses mine didn’t fully latch even when they appeared to be shut and she figured out that if she leaped and body slammed the door it would pop open. Way open. Unfortunately my bathroom faced the living room, separated by a small hallway and so guests posed a dilemma. Did you hang out close to the bathroom door to catch the cat before she had time to act? Or did you risk your guest giving you and any other guests a full on view of them in the bathroom?

Jerseymeow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Pigpen somehow knew when a door was not latched shut. He would stick his paws under the closet door and then go in there. We would walk in the room and casually shut the door. Many times we were walking around the house....Pigpen! Where's Pigpen? And all along he was in the closet.

Jerseymeow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not my cat, per se, but my mom's cat, Kirby, who I lived with when I lived with my parents. My back sometimes goes out and probably 10 years ago, my back went out when I was going to the bathroom. I ended up hunched over the tub with my pants down while my back kept seizing up on me. I could not stand up at all and I was stuck in that position for a long time. I had the door shut, but Kirby sat outside the door meowing and pawing at and ramming the door to get in, and after 45 minutes of me still half in the tub with my back seizing, Kirby somehow got the door open (I have no idea how) and was all over me within seconds. That of course left me with my bare behind facing the now open bathroom door and the embarrassment of having to have my brother find me like that, actually motivated me to fight through the pain and get up.
Great story!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I don’t know if it is because she isn’t very strong or because she isn’t very smart (I suspect the latter) but Willow cannot push or pull open a door that is a little bit ajar. just can’t figure out how the door works.

My former girl was a door ninja.
How funny. My hubby and I were just having this same conversation about our cats. Our first cat was always opening the interior doors. It was the first cat we'd had and I thought it was just a cat thing, that they knew how to open doors.

But apparently not. Our current cats can't even open doors that are slightly ajar. They will sit at the bathroom door and paw at it, but can't figure out that with a tiny bit more effort, they could get in. Sad. :lol: