How soon after a cat vomits would you feed again?

madara

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Always been curious when a cat does one time vomit either from eating too fast or running around and it was large enough that he surely has an empty stomach again would you feed them?

siamkitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Tinky scarfs, too. I leave the catfood on the floor, because I do normally have six cats. I can not starve them because of Tinky. Mostly I find her barf when I come home from work.
First time after barfing she is not hungry and later she is a bit more carful and does not scarf again.
But the next day..... same procedure!

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it was a "scarf and barf" situation I'd let them eat soon thereafter. If they vomit for other reasons I usually wait until the next day to re-feed because, in my experience, they always throw up what I feed them if I feed too soon.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also have a scarfer, with her dry food. I don't pick up her dish and take it away unless I see her going right back to it, which she usually does not do. She does not do this too often, scarfing, but it does happen. Nothing to worry about, I chalk it up to a "cat thing" but she looks so guilty when this does happen, she is a rescue so someone must have hurt her for doing this, and she was deprived of food, this I know.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I generally wait a couple of hours, time for her tummy to settle. Sometimes the food triggers the fur ball vomit, sometimes it's scarf and barf. What ever it is I think it's more important for her to drink water and let the stomach acids settle before she eats again.......

roslyn hall

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for your comment.  My cat is i believe is overweight and she likes to eat often.   This morning she vomited a great bit of dry cat food and immediately after she vomited she was looking for her food to eat.  I am glad I read your post that states that I should wait a few before feeding her again.