How One Kitten Turned Into Four

Miu.miu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey guys, I'm new here! I would like to tell my story.

Well, a little over a month ago, I was a catless dog owner. Then in just one week, two of my darling dogs died. It was devastating. I couldn't think of dogs or be around dogs. It was too painful.
Then, like it was meant to be, I find this tiny 3 week old kitten in a parking lot and bring her home. Didn't intend to keep her, just nurse her back to health, fix her and find a good forever home for her. She was so young she didn't meow, she chirped. So I called her by the sound she made: Miu-Miu. Needless to say, that cat stole my broken heart in a matter of days.
After I decided to adopt her, I knew she needed a sibling. So I started a thread on my comunity facebook page and tons of kittens were offered. The one I choose was a cute little tortie, but when I went to pick her up and saw the conditions of the house she lived, I knew had to take the whole litter, since I couldn't do anything for the mother other than to offer to pay to fix her. Which I still don't know if the owners will do!
So now I'm the proud owner of 1 calico girl, Miu-Miu, 1 tortie, Lume (it means fire/light in Portuguese) 1 black girl (no name yet, very elegant and poised) and 1 orange boy, O'Malley (Aristocats). They're precious and they'll never take the place my dogs left in my heart, but they are new life, ready to live long and be happy.
Thank you for reading

Attachments

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
99A5CF3C-EC3C-4AC6-902A-949EA94D8E65.gif
Mui.miu and kitty gang, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
BEAB864A-F0D0-4A31-AD5B-B064CD6B8991.gif
to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules
What a lovely bunch you have here!

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you and those adorable babie fuzzballs! Wow...from catless to clowder in one fell swoop (and a half)!

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome, what an amazing story! So glad you rescued these little cuties!

ramscici

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a great story! They are all so beautiful! I love Miu-Miu’s inquisitive little expression. Bless you and your kitties and welcome to the site. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Miu.miu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you, guys! As a new cat owner, it's very interesting to watch their eye color change. The two darkest girls eyes are kinda yellowish, probably will end up yellow or golden. Miu-Miu's eyes are extremely dark and pigmented, but no hint yet of their final color, and I've never seen such dark eyes in a kitten. But O'Malley's eyes are turning an amazing amber/brown. I'm super excited to see what those babies are going to look like!

Attachments

Miu.miu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Reasy for a quick update on the kittens? They're almost 3 m/o and very healthy. I'm trying to find a vet that will agree to spay/neuter them this month but that's a hard thing to come by here! So on to the kittens! And bonus spring sunset picture because everybody deserves it!

Attachments

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My gawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwd! They're lovely !

Such a purrfect story too.

"spring sunset picture"........where on earth are you? (don't worry, we won't let the usual suspect TCS cat-snatchers know:lol:)

Miu.miu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Haha White Shadow, I'm in Rio, Brazil, so yes, summer is coming and we are hoping for a super hot season this year (since last one was rainy).

Thank you for your comment on my little monkeys!

Miu.miu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No problem at all, mightyboosh. Go ahead