How old is everyone?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH started going white in his early 20s. For a while MIL had more red in her hair than he did. I think she passed him now. His hair looks nothing like it did when we were younger. His older sister is still red but a faded red. Only one nephew got their red hair shade. I’m curious if he’ll start with the white early too. Both his grandmas a redheads so time will tell!
I got accused of being my husband's daughter because he went grey early and up to a certain age, I looked younger than I was. People also thought he was the boys' grandfather sometimes too. :lol:
My youngest stepsister had her first baby just after she turned 19. My stepdad went with her to pick up the crib she’d ordered and the sales person thought HE was the dad. :lol: Hes very…no nonsense military personality in most environments. I still laugh just imagining his reaction.:flail:

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
DH started going white in his early 20s. For a while MIL had more red in her hair than he did. I think she passed him now. His hair looks nothing like it did when we were younger. His older sister is still red but a faded red. Only one nephew got their red hair shade. I’m curious if he’ll start with the white early too. Both his grandmas a redheads so time will tell!.
An interesting mystery about red hair is for some people, it can turn brown with age. Pictures of Los Angeles Rams coach Sean McVey was 100% redhead when he was hired at age 30. Two years later, I could not tell it was ever red. How does that happen while my older sister still has Prince Harry's hair color with no sign of turning brown?

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm 51, I don't mind getting older. When I was in my early 30s I started to go grey, and it terrified me then. I now sport a head of grey hair and it doesn't bother me. I found it weird that others seemed more bothered about how grey I was than I was when I stopped dying it. I was constantly being told I was too young to be grey . :dunno:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
An interesting mystery about red hair is for some people, it can turn brown with age. Pictures of Los Angeles Rams coach Sean McVey was 100% redhead when he was hired at age 30. Two years later, I could not tell it was ever red. How does that happen while my older sister still has Prince Harry's hair color with no sign of turning brown?
Red hair is due to a certain recessive gene, and while it may go darker or lighter, it should still be red (until they go entirely gray). I don't think Sean McVay is genetically redhaired; he looks blonde in his college picture. Maybe he dyed it for a while.
5c54e5fde0a4a57afe536214_MCVAY20Photo20231.jpg

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Anyone else have the same birthday? I've only met 2 people with mine.
We actually have a lot of duplicate birthdays just in my family. DD was born on my Grandpa's birthday. (He cried when I called him and told him. It was one of the best moments of my life. :redheartpump:) And that is also one of my great-aunt's birthdays but she passed on a few years ago. My stepsister's oldest 2 were born exactly one year apart. Her 3rd and another stepsister's 2nd share a birthday. Her 5th nearly joined the oldest 2 he was so late. :lol: There are also a bunch that are really close together. A lot of couples in our family share a birthday month too. My parents are only one day apart. I have another niece or nephew coming in December and I'm making mental bets with myself about whether this one will share their next oldest sibling's birthday. (Different stepsibling having this one...lol) One time we were talking about cutting back on desserts and my cousin's husband was like "But it's ALWAYS someone's ___ birthday in this family!" :flail:He's not even on the "big" side of my family! :flail:

I share a birthday with my grandparent's long time neighbor and a friend from high school. DH and one of our friends were born on exactly the same day. We still need to consult our mothers to see who was born earliest. :lol:

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister and I almost had the same birthday. She was born on New Year's day and I was born on January 9th. Her oldest child was born on the 19th.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm over 70. I matured early. I'm the same height I was in eighth grade. I started going bald in high school. I have rarely been asked for ID when buying alcohol because I looked older than I was. Now that I'm an older person, everyone thinks I am ten years younger than I am.

There are multiple same birthdays in my family, too. I am a twin and we were born on my brother's birthday. I'm not sure this was the present he wanted!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm 65 and should have known I'd be a cat lady when I snuck my first kitten in at 6 years old. (my parents told me I couldn't have one) A calico named Miss Muffet, it wasn't long before she was discovered in my closet, I'm really surprised they let me keep her. I haven't been without a cat in my life since!